PDA

View Full Version : Day at Santa Pod 15th Oct

Brad-ZS180
16-09-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm down Pod on 15th of Oct for the day and night RWYB, weather permitting.

Who's still coming down?

blue harbour
17-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Me probably!:xyxwave: :D

davebreen
17-09-2005, 12:51 PM
could be:shrug:

blue harbour
17-09-2005, 12:58 PM
could be:shrug:

WILL BE!!!!- even if we have to drag him there!:p

Jag V6
20-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I think I will be up for this one

blue harbour
29-09-2005, 08:16 PM
How are you guy's gonna run ya cars at pod then?

Im thinking of runnin mine exactly as before!, in other words-full interior, and brimming the tank with petrol the night before aswell!-that way i'll get an accurate as possible read on how(if they are!) my mods are benefitting my car- compared to how i ran her last time(pre decat and remap!)

If i can bag a 15.1 for my efforts- i'll come away happy-anything more than that- i'll consider a bonus!:uj1:

blue harbour
29-09-2005, 08:18 PM
If im right- dave the meister breen will be running his car as stripped out and light as possible- meaning sod all fuel in again!

Or in other words max bang!!!!:D

Now come on folks don't be shy & tell all- it makes no- odds in the end does it!:highfive:

blue harbour
29-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Can we expect an appearance from the original pod meister himself too????

How about it kev????????:D :uj1: :highfive:

ZSV6
30-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Can we expect an appearance from the original pod meister himself too????

How about it kev????????:D :uj1: :highfive:

I will come but will probably not run if its too busy.
Just want to be on the line and savour the moment with a fine glass of red in one hand and the camcorder in the other when DB hands a supercharged ZS owner his ar55 on a silver salver:happy1:

Kev

davebreen
30-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Kevin,kevin ,,kevin,,its highly likely that i will be 2nd over the line if racing a s.c zs,,,,,,,thats assuming they go ,,aint seen em say much lately:confused:
perhaps they on limited mileage:lol3:

blue harbour
30-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Carefull boy's!!!- we don't wanna scare em off do we!:D :D :uj1:

blue harbour
30-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I will come but will probably not run if its too busy.
Just want to be on the line and savour the moment with a fine glass of red in one hand and the camcorder in the other when DB hands a supercharged ZS owner his ar55 on a silver salver:happy1:

Kev

Be good to see you there matey!, and im sure the need will overtake ya, and you'll muck in with the rest of us and tan some a55es on the strip!!!!!!!:D :D :highfive:

davebreen
30-09-2005, 08:43 PM
i hope they do go i want to see what they can do and with that much power they got nothing to be scared of have they really,,although what georges pumped up version will do may be quite different from a 230 basic conversion,,my car can't be a million miles away from 230,,id bet its 220 so i still say its a good reliable option especially for half the money .How can that power for that money not be a viable alternative???but on RSM's advertising forum (xpf) that view was just flamed down,,,can't possibly imagine why:doh:

blue harbour
30-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Hmm- wonder why!?;)

davebreen
16-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Well we had the biggest turn out of mg's ever ,,,,must have been 8 mk1 zs's ,,,3 mk2 zs's,,4/5 zr's,,,couple of r200's and coupes and even 2 zt v8's one with a supercharger making 400 bhp.

Track was rubbish ,,,no grip due to cold temps but i think we all gained some experience at least ,,,,track was shut due to spillages most of the afternoon and i only did 2 runs from dinner till 9pm.

no one really got the time they should have apart from brad who pulled a stunner out from somewhere at 14.8 with de cat a cone and back box.

unfortunately no s.c car ran the 1/4 so that was dissapointing but their was a good mix of different mods and specs with u.r running a 75 shot of nitrous plus stage one and making 14.6 and the turbo 1.8 just scraping under 15 secs at 14.9.
The mk2 zs's seemed to be struggling and im sure mark b was hoping for more from his car ,,they all looked stunning though....

I matched my best at 14.3 but my terminals were up so it was my terrible 60ft times of 2.5 that were letting me down ,,,along with everyone else, grip was just not to be found .I have done 2.1 60 ft's so my time can improve a few tenths at least.I also had an extremely hairy moment on my last run,, at 90 mph the front lost grip and veered off a little so i lifted off and corrected it then carried on and still got 14.5 at 95 so that could have been a good run,,,perry had a problem in the same place in his mgb and said there was some oil down that had gone unnoticed.I know im not the only one who came home a bit deflated because i know theres a good lump more in my car that i couldnt realize on the tarmac,,,even the 4wd scoby that went with us was running poor times at only 15.6 and that thing left the line very well ,so up through the gears it was not a match for a stage one zs 180.
the s.c zt.t was not what i expected at only 14.4 and 98 mph ,,thats ok but for 400 bhp and rwd id be a bit brassed off especially as that speed and time has been bettered by a couple of zs 180's.

roll on summer ,,the pod kings record will stand now till next year im pretty sure of that,, but the first 13 second runs in a zs are coming.:thumbs1:

ZSV6
16-10-2005, 08:18 PM
"roll on summer ,,the pod kings record will stand now till next year im pretty sure of that,, but the first 13 second runs in a zs are coming."

Dont know if i can wait till next may-seems a auful long time away :( we need a winter strip like down in the south of spain to go to.
What other cars did the boyz race and did anyone pick up a major scalp?
Kev

Tootall
16-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Drove past 'Pod' yesterday forgot that you guys where down on the strip :confused2

davebreen
16-10-2005, 09:04 PM
i think the happiest person all day was Johndjlawson who beat a zt 260 in his satndard zs 180,,,i dont remember any scalps particularly of any interest.

Shame you forgot toots ,,i think green was the only colour missing!!!!!

gaz160
16-10-2005, 09:28 PM
I was at pod yesterday.

I got 2 runs in and they were both 16.7.

The first run i went against mgzr-neo and he got a 16.8, the second run i went up against a clio V6 which got a time of 16.3 and crossed the line at 96 mph i got a 16.7 and crossed the line at 93mph.

The next time i go i might put mt 17's back on lol.

jld
16-10-2005, 10:28 PM
roll on summer ,,the pod kings record will stand now till next year im pretty sure of that,, but the first 13 second runs in a zs are coming.:thumbs1:

I must come down sometime to watch the action (not really my thing, but behappy to lend some support).

Bit of a double edges sword with summer though. Makes the track stickier, so better for grip, but warm air is less dense, so power is down.

What's really needed is a hot sticky day at track level, where the air is cold and crisp when you get to around 6 inches off the ground. Unfortunately, even with the vagaries of British weather, it's not gonna happen.

davebreen
17-10-2005, 08:50 AM
the grip off the line i smore important than the possibility of a few bhp down..

i watched that v6 clio run about 4 times and it was totally **** ,,it sounded good and looked nice but it had no guts ,it was just slow in a straight line,,,summat very wrong with it imo.

Blueduck
17-10-2005, 10:05 AM
Well, I was reasonabley happy. For a stock (ITG panel filter aside) ZT 190, I got 3 runs at 16s dead. I had some good starts at the beginning of the day, then later on I was informed about full throttle gear changes. Couldn't tie the two together though, so a little disappointed that I didn't break into the 15s'...next time.
Here's a little something I put together from my tickets...