PDA

View Full Version : 2006 BTCC Shirt

Magnette Man
22-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Those on here that use(d) XPF will know that in 2004 the support for WSR was huge and no more than visually. All in the black, green and grey shirts - if you saw someone in the pitlane wearing it - you knew it was one of your clan! Well 2005 for whatever reason we didnt have that.

For 2006 what seems to be already hotting up to be a bloomin' great season, I'd like to reinstate a forum shirt! So I'm going to contact WSR to see if we can use their logo and car design for a shirt, for which I have attached below. I'd like your views as I'm going to see what it'll cost to produce and I'd like to judge the interest/numbers.

I've gone for Blue for two reasons. a - its brit-cars.com colours and; b - RAC is also blue. On the back will have the venues and dates in white text with the forum url above it and hopefully the WSR logo below. (Sorry for the poor quality pic it was done in mainly in word!)

Alex B
23-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Right I'm with you Dave on this...but wouldn't it be even better to make some real shirts...Mr. Zedman could post the one I mean :D .

I think hving shirts and T-Shirts on pre-order/payment would make it easy to achieve both designs....avoiding $ tension on the forum funds.

Alex :highfive:

KelV6
23-01-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm all for a T-shirt, but i would like to see a 'Supporter' shirt that is non forum specific. 50 shirts all the same, will look a lot better, than say 25 of two differnt designs and colours, from seperate forums. It might be a contrversial suggestion, but apart from looking better at the circuits, it will be more ecconmic all round, for all concerned!

KelV6

Jerry Zedman
23-01-2006, 09:36 AM
I think Kelvin has a point here. Possibly a T-shirt that has "Supporters of Team RAC" at the top. It may be worth asking XPF and any other BTCC MG following Forum (if there are any) if they would be interested. That way if itis Forum neutral (or mentions both or more forums) then 50 would be sold quickly.

For example, the T-shirt could then have:

Brit-cars.com and XPowerforums.com - Supporters of Team RAC. What do people reckon?

DaveyHird
23-01-2006, 10:27 AM
I'll have one!

Dee-Jay
23-01-2006, 12:02 PM
If they're not forum-specific i'd be interested in a couple.

Incidentally, do we think there might be some official MG/RAC branded stuff this year..?

KelV6
23-01-2006, 12:12 PM
do we think there might be some official MG/RAC branded stuff this year

What seem to have happened in times gone buy, is a one stop shop for all the reaglia of the various teams, producing items under licence from TOCA/BTCC. I think MG were fairly unique in selling there own stuff at BTCC! Would be nice if WSR/RAC could get it together quickly and get some regalia items together!

Have they the sense to come and talk to the fans to see what is required/wanted?

GT
23-01-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm sure WSR are keen to acknowledge the fans as always, but they probably have contractual obligations to the RAC.

It is probably worth finding out from 'Team RAC' what the plans are for merchandise first, before looking to spend money on getting some made :)

Tootall
23-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I would buy one but would prefer A proud supporter of Team RAC/WSR

Jerry Zedman
23-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Keith - I like your style!

Rob - hopefully Dave will find out from DB when he phones him this week.

Clark Trent
25-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Not sure about this. As those of you who know us will testify, we don't like to dress up in team colours much.

Could be interested in a polo shirt or short sleeved cotton in dark blue with WSR & RAC logos. Not bothered either way about url's.
At a reasonable cost of course.:drink2:

Magnette Man
25-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Howabout if we ask RAC to bulk buy RAC mechanics overalls!!

Update - I havent had a chance to contact WSR however I will endevour to Thursday as I can nip out of work for a few minutes! Its tricky at work as I've been busy and I cant take/make personal phone calls and I cant use my mobile!! :hit1:

I'm wondering if I should bother enquiring as their doesn't seem to be much interest in either a shirt/t-shirt/polo from either forums!

Tony
25-01-2006, 11:56 PM
If you contact WSR, it might be better to ask if they intend to do an official range first. I think most people are indicating that they would prefer that. Torn loyalties mean that a forum specific shirt won't appeal to all.

Alex B
26-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Dave No matter what I think we should enquire anyway and see as Tony says if they're going to have some merchandise available...although I would have loved a very own design one...but if people are not interested...I'll have to get a jacket done for myself at low cost....I've been looking around for that just in case the whole thing fails to work....but meanwhile let's be optimistic :highfive:

Alex :dancing: