PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Moves.......

Sumo
05-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Things are afoot chez Sumo, with the ITAL estate being returned to base for further renovation prior to going back on the road. It was booted out last July when the building work started and now is back on the patio, which was a VERY tight squeeze between the house/extension and garage and is awaiting lifting for a new sill/rear wheelarch and any other repairs. Both front wings are almost beyond economic repair which means a set of fibreglass ones will have to be sourced as steel ones are now well into three figures each and like hen's teeth to find anyway (unless someone has some secreted in their shed....). The battery is toast as well, but that is not a problem, yet! Otherwise, she started and ran OK, brakes weren't stuck, clutch was free, lights are a bit hit-and-miss and overall the previous repairs have held up to their enforced storage well. Onward and upward!

GT
06-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Sounds like you've been having fun :D

How many cars do you have now?

Sumo
06-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Rover 420d 'Thingy', Marina GT, Marina 1.3 SDL saloon and the Ital 1.7HL estate plus about two others in dismantled state.....I think!

GT
06-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Sounds like a good basis for a photo-shoot :D

I have to admit I know very little about the Marina's and Itals, but I have seen a few Itals on eBay recently, for some reason I keep imagining them in bright orange with '01' on the door.

Dare I ask where one finds fibreglass wings for one?

Sumo
06-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Funny you should mention the '01'.....there is a guy near Glasgow with a 1.3 SDL Coupe in Blaze red (Orange) which is the car that appeared in the Practical Classics p***-take of the 'Dukes of Hazzard' a couple of years ago, named the 'Generally'.....He has fully restored it to 'YeeeeHaaahhhhh' condition and regularly does classic car shows in it. I should have a photo of it somewhere...

Fibreglass wings come from Smith and Deakin, £72 a pop.