PDA

View Full Version : Austin is BACK!

mgrovernut
12-02-2006, 07:21 PM
According to www.mg-rover.org their members have been busy translating Chinese websites in a bid to better understand what Nanjing are up to. Apparantly Nanjing are setting up 2 new companies. One is called Nanjing Austin car parts and the other is called Nanjing Austin cars. In addition they are planning to launch a new SUV and possibly MPV using the Austin brand (MG will be reserved for Sports saloons and cars). Finally there is some talk in the Chinese media that Nanjing is planning to try and buy the Rover brand from BMW. The rumour is that they will possibly resell it to Shanghai Automotive....

So still lot's to play for, watch this space....

GT
13-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I'll wait until something actually happens before I believe too much.

I've heard a number of rumours based on apparant facts over the years, most of which have never come to fruition!

mgrovernut
14-02-2006, 01:13 AM
I'll wait until something actually happens before I believe too much.

I've heard a number of rumours based on apparant facts over the years, most of which have never come to fruition!

It appears that Nanjing have definetley applied to the Chinese government to start a company callled Nanjing Austin Cars! This is NOT a rumour!!!!!!!

GT
14-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Maybe so... but then how does that effect any of us?

We'll never see it over here and it will have nothing to do with the original Austin company... :o

Thats assuming that they actually ever use it, companies get registered all the time by larger companies that never really do anything.

It might just be to establish the brand name as a company in its own right rather than to just keep it on a bit of paper saying they own it.

mgrovernut
18-02-2006, 11:00 AM
The Chinese are indicating in their local press that Austin may be used on SUV and MPV's and that these cars will sell under the Austin brand GLOBALLY!!!