PDA

View Full Version : BTCC Oulton Park

GNASHER
10-04-2006, 08:24 PM
BTCC Oulton Park 13/14 May:

GNASHER and Little Gnash - ZS180
Pam and Neil (and kids?) - ZS180 or TF - :)
Dee-Jay and Neve - ZS180 - :)
Davey boy and mate - Seat Leon Cupra
Paul (YT) - Porsche Boxter - :)
Dave Clark (and guest?) - Nissan something dull
Jerry ZM - ZS180 - :)
zamo - MGBGT or ZS120
Bob and Sue - ZT160 T - :)
Tony and Dawn (plus David?) - ZS180 - :)
John S - ZR - :)
Bogbreath - ZT135
Debbie & Eloise ZT190
Airhorn Claire and Xtreme Rob (;-)) - Saab or Jag?
JenZS - err...ZS? - :) ?
Al and wifey (Liz, if people don't know) - ZS115D or ZS180 (if he decides to upgrade) - :)
Graham and Sofa - ZS180 - :)
GT (Rob) - :)
Mark Mad Aussie - :)
Gav - ZR

possibles/probables:

kelv6 - ZS180

Smiley face = camping

Matt Lynham
10-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Sorry guys, won't be able to do Oulton, so don't forget your own flagpoles!! We'll be running our own event, The Charnwood Caper! starting from an OPEN pub on the Sunday morning at 8am, the run goes approx 40 miles to a coffee stop, then about another 40 miles to finish at Rutland Water, between Oakham and Stamford. Full details are from http://www.northleicester-mg.org.uk or by emailing me at northleicestermg@yahoo.co.uk

Shameless plug ends.

Jerry Zedman
10-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I think I'd better pencil myself in for this one (work permitting)!

Jerry ZM - ZS180

Pam
10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
We'll be there!!! :clap:

zamo
10-04-2006, 09:57 PM
should be there will have to check what shift am on.

neildug
10-04-2006, 10:22 PM
we may come in the tf with no kids .
depends on the weather forcast and babysitter.;)
but we will be attending :uj2: and may even camp.( if its a bit warmer by then)

Tony
10-04-2006, 10:35 PM
We should be there, considering camping or a B&B.

Pam
10-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Get yer tent out Tony. It'll be a laugh!!!

Tony
10-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Convince Dawn!

Dawn
10-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Can we have one of these dear??????? then i'll think about it .;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/American-A-Class-Motorhome-RV-Fleetwood-Flair-27R-1997_W0QQitemZ4627680713QQcategoryZ14256QQtcZphoto QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

King Minger
10-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Looks like you've got the right idea dawn.... 6:00 didn't seem so bad after realising how cold it was yesterday morning..... Brrrrrr

I'd say we'd camp, but there's no way we can go that near to the in-laws and not stop over for a bit....

I'd say we're a definite probably ;)

Al

GNASHER
11-04-2006, 06:40 AM
As Oulton is only 25 min from home,and my gear is in storage (no room at home as I am building an extension) not sure about camping but you never know.

KelV6
11-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Wont commit to this yet, if I do go I will most likley be driving up on race day!!

DaveyHird
11-04-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm there...

yellowtrophy
11-04-2006, 09:22 AM
I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. Not camping though, this is commuting distance for me each day.

yellowtrophy - Boxster S

Dee-Jay
11-04-2006, 04:51 PM
I'll be there with Neve again, and camping at the circuit.

Jerry Zedman
11-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks Gnash for starting the thread. I'm just going in to update it daily if you don't mind. :hug:

Do we have a specific meeting point and time for the Sunday?

Pam
11-04-2006, 07:07 PM
In previous years we've met up at the Wyvale garden centre not too far away from the circuit.

But as camping is inside the circuit it can be a pain to get out just to come back in again (to park about 50 yards away from where you started :p ) Depends on numbers and proposed viewing points really as to whether it's worth it or not.

Tony
11-04-2006, 07:13 PM
If viewing from the outside of Knickerbrook (i think its called) then it's a long walk to the pits, it is a good place to watch the action though and you can park very close to the track.

Magnette Man
11-04-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm definitely going to be there, dont know whether it might be both days, or the one, whether I'll be there in my own car, or someone elses or whehter my brother(s) might come or not! I'll let you all know nearer the time:thumbs1:

Dee-Jay
11-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I went to the meet from the campsite at Brands, but wouldn't leave the circuit for the same at Oulton.

bogbreath
12-04-2006, 12:21 AM
I hope to be there, don't like the idea of travelling there and back in a day but the track makes it worth the trip.

Lets hope we get better weather than last year!:shower1:

Misfit
12-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Sophie and I should hopefully be coming up for this one.

Pam
12-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Lets hope we get better weather than last year!:shower1:
The weather last year was a one off I hope. Sun stroke in the morning and washed away in the afternoon. :rolleye:

zamo
12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
can you put me down as going,not sure what car yet,mgb gt or zs120

Jerry Zedman
12-04-2006, 11:28 AM
No worries Zamo. I shall update the list when I'm on my own pc (this one at work won't allow me to edit!!!!).

Tony
12-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Jerry, have you tried logging out, clearing cookies and logging back into the forum?

Jerry Zedman
12-04-2006, 08:38 PM
It's the naff way our server is set up. We are very limited with what we can do at work. I say limited - we have to go back to old place of work to use a puter as we don't have any at our new building!!!

Any way, top post is now updated!

King Minger
13-04-2006, 12:05 AM
115 Jerry, maybe a 180 after this weekend....
and it's Liz that can usually be found in the passenger seat ;)

Clark Trent
13-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Sue booked the campsite today. Will try to arrive Friday night or early Sat. Not sure if we will come out to join the convoy. See you all there.

BTW It will be the ZT.

yellowtrophy
13-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Not sure about everyone else, but I'll bo going to Knickerbrook from the meeting point. That way, if it rains, I can still see the action from the car, and if I need anything during the day, the car will only be 1 meter from where I am watching!
OK, it's not that close to the pits, but the walk is only 15 minutes or so, and I'll only be going there once or twice in the weekend anyway.

DaveyHird
13-04-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm with Paul on this one... Knickerbrook is good, maybe a bit nearer the chicane than last year...and if the weather turns, then cars are nearby.

Also, cascades the year before, had a fricking noisy generation blasting away alll fricking day..

It was a nice walk to the pits in scorching heat - but worth it.

Jerry Zedman
13-04-2006, 09:07 PM
List updated.

Thanks Al for your imput! :confused2 :lol:

Re where to watch from, as this will (hopefully) be my first visit to Oulton Park then I'll go with the flow as to where to watch the racing from. If I am going and if I'm camping, then I'm likely to be staying in the circuit rather than leave for the meet point.

Tony
13-04-2006, 09:25 PM
iirc, The camping at Oulton is infield near the main entrance, but it should be easy to move cars around from the camping area to knickerbrook first thing in the morning. The area usually fills up quite early though.

Mat C
13-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Might come to this one - if i do it'll just be for the day (travel early blah blah) as it's getting close to LM by then and being a poor northern monkey, we still get paid in groats and straw - the stock exchange doesn't provide much money on the village trading day ! Wont commit to anything, will just turn up on the day at the meeting point if i am going !!

Tony
13-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Come on Matt, you know you want to.

Mat C
13-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Yes, i know i want to but it honestly is purely down to the cash flow !!!

King Minger
13-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Cheers Jerry!

I've been talking about upgrading for ages now, but I've finally started looking now - a 180 today in Spectre (or is it sceptre?) but had a bit of a bump at the front and the laquer was a bit iffy.... not a bad price tho..

neildug
13-04-2006, 10:47 PM
make sure you can get the paint before u buy Al as we still cannot track down any for our zs

King Minger
13-04-2006, 11:19 PM
OK this is quite OT now... I take it you mean the dark fantasy.

I thought any paintwork issues meant a total respray cos of the flip direction? I know there are a few people with spectre about, so presumably someone has come across a source? if it is a total respray then surely a slight variation won't matter that much...

There isn't any paint damage to speak of (slight scratch on the bumper, but my bumper has more stone chips than this one had marks....) just this laquer issue. I've PM'd Andy with a description so he might be able to advise on the situation.

Back on Topic: Looks like we'll be camping after all.... :)

Dawn
14-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Get yer tent out Tony. It'll be a laugh!!!

Well today we bought yet another tent .......4 man this time ,,so we are more than likely camping !!!!:happy1: :happy1:

Tony
15-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Had the new tent up on the patio this afternoon. It's still gonna be cosy in there, but fortunately not as claustrphobic as the 2 man tent we have.

Pam
15-04-2006, 09:26 AM
You two must be going wrong somewhere - a 4 man tent is still cosy for 2???? :rolleye:

You do realise that you are not supposed to bring your whole possesions for 2people with you don't you. You're only supposed to have a couple of sleeping bags and yourselves. :confused2

Tony
15-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Convince Dawn of that ;) There will be three of us in there though as Dawn insists David can't have a tent on his own.

Mat C
15-04-2006, 12:27 PM
That's one way of getting you to keep yer kegs on Tony !! :lol:

John S
15-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Will be there both days plus i'll be camping.

Tony
21-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Anyone know if the camping price quoting on Oultons ticket booking site is per person or per car?

Pam
21-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Looks like it's £10 per person (aged 12 and over)

Magnette Man
21-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Looks like I'll be there but not in my ZS!!

Dont worry its not damaged or ill, I booked my car in for a service and I didnt have my diary so to work it around work, I pick up the courtesy car on Saturday and return it Monday evening.

What do I get to drive for what I think is about a 700 mile round trip??

one of these.....

dogsquaw
21-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Looks like I'll be there but not in my ZS!!

Dont worry its not damaged or ill, I booked my car in for a service and I didnt have my diary so to work it around work, I pick up the courtesy car on Saturday and return it Monday evening.

What do I get to drive for what I think is about a 700 mile round trip??

one of these.....

:rotfl::rotfl::confused2:confused2:yikes::yikes:

Dawn
21-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Looks like it's £10 per person (aged 12 and over)

David will be 11 that day !!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

bogbreath
22-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Bought the tickets today so thats a definate now see you all up there!

Jerry Zedman
22-04-2006, 04:19 PM
First post updated.

I'll be travelling up Sat morn to visit friends first (who live nearby at Nantwich) then I'll be on to the circuit for (hopefull) qualifying. :flag1:

Dawn, which David is 11 - yours or Clarky? :shrug: ;) :D

Dawn
22-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Dawn, which David is 11 - yours or Clarky? :shrug: ;) :D

Jerry are we talking age or feet and inches ?????????;)

Tony
22-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Weekend tickets and camping passes booked. No turning back now... unless it's snowing on the Saturday morning.

Dawn
22-04-2006, 10:41 PM
If its snowing we sleep in the car !!!!!!!!!!!!:car1:

bogbreath
23-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Sorry skipped through the threads on here and on the other forums and I can't see any mention of the usual convoy in.

Are we all meeting up at the same place as last year and going in together?

It would be good to see all the cars at the track together where we parked up last year, I am only going because of the excellent viewing possition we had last year.

DaveyHird
23-04-2006, 07:48 AM
yeah, same venue as last year - with all these splinter groups having their own forums, hard to keep track of whos going and where we meeting up etc.

GNASHER
23-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Not sure about saturday now that LIVERPOOL kicked chelsea's ar5e and are in the final,AGAIN.:woohoo: :clap:
(Thinks)"If it's a 3 o'clock kick off I could stay at Oulton untilabout 2:20 ish and get home in time"
I will be there on Sat,I just wanted to rub Jerry ZED up,remember Brands last year Jerry :cry:

DaveyHird
23-04-2006, 09:01 AM
is it the FA cup final that saturday?

Luckily I'll only be there Sunday - but when we win the FA cup - will be kitted out in my strip to honour the winners!!

Jerry Zedman
23-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Not sure about saturday now that LIVERPOOL kicked chelsea's ar5e and are in the final,AGAIN.:woohoo: :clap:
(Thinks)"If it's a 3 o'clock kick off I could stay at Oulton untilabout 2:20 ish and get home in time"
I will be there on Sat,I just wanted to rub Jerry ZED up,remember Brands last year Jerry :cry:

You know me Gnash. Chelsea got their tactics wrong - certainly in the first half. Drogba SHOULD have scored twice and Cole should have scored in injury time. Oh well. Enjoy the final. :hug:

Only a short journey for you then? I could leave and go to my mates at Nantwich (only about 15 mins away). :dancing:

Instead...... I'm stopping there around 10.00 after leaving home at 06.30 ish on Saturday and then I'm aiming to get to the circuit for before qualifying. :uj2:

DEBBIE
23-04-2006, 03:12 PM
yeah, same venue as last year - with all these splinter groups having their own forums, hard to keep track of whos going and where we meeting up etc.

Dave, for the Oulton Park virgins like me can you re post the details of the meeting point as I would like to meet up with you lot.

Magnette Man
23-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Dawn, which David is 11 - yours or Clarky?

And from a moderator as well! I call upon the other moderators to moderate this moderator!

Jerry are we talking age or feet and inches ?????????;)

Well it obviously isnt shoe size - your both way off :lol:

DaveyHird
23-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Meeting Date: 14th May 2006

Meeting Time: 8:00am

Depart Time: 8:30am

Venue: Wyevale Garden Centre, Tarporley

Forest Road
Tarporley
Cheshire
CW6 9EE
Tel: 01829 760433

Garden centre is located on the A49

DEBBIE
23-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Thank you.

DEBBIE
23-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Tickets and a travel lodge booked please add us to the definates list.

Debbie & Eloise ZT190

Jerry Zedman
23-04-2006, 08:53 PM
First post updated ma'am. :hug:

Pam
23-04-2006, 09:30 PM

Debbie & Eloise ZT190
Travelodge?? What a lightweight! ;)

bogbreath
23-04-2006, 10:43 PM

Debbie & Eloise ZT190

Don't do what I did last year turn up at the Travel Lodge at midnight after driving all the way up from Sussex, found I had booked the wrong week (I think I used the wheel on the mouse and moved back a week).

I had to go all the way back to Wolverhampton, didn't get to bed untill 1:00 and then up first thing to get to the garden centre to convoy into the track. :angry1:

DaveyHird
23-04-2006, 10:48 PM
oh, won't be in the ZS - My mate Keith is driving as I'm taking the ZS to Le Mans

Daveyboy - Seat Leon Cupra FR

airhorn clare
24-04-2006, 05:22 PM
We will be coming, but won't meet up for the convoy (wrong type of car). Will see you all inside :thumbs1:

DaveyHird
24-04-2006, 05:31 PM
be good to see both you and Rob again claire... seems ages ago now - media day last year I think.

Dawn
24-04-2006, 05:54 PM
We will be coming, but won't meet up for the convoy (wrong type of car). Will see you all inside :thumbs1:

Seems like ages since we saw you both and Clare remember the gloves ;)
will be good to see you .

(although we forgot the horns at brands ......:banghead: )

DEBBIE
24-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Travelodge?? What a lightweight! ;)

I would have camped but Eloise wouldn't have any of it ( :lol2: ), she's still smarting it's not a 4/5 star - hilton was booked solid ;)

DEBBIE
24-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Don't do what I did last year turn up at the Travel Lodge at midnight after driving all the way up from Sussex, found I had booked the wrong week (I think I used the wheel on the mouse and moved back a week).

I had to go all the way back to Wolverhampton, didn't get to bed untill 1:00 and then up first thing to get to the garden centre to convoy into the track. :angry1:

Confirmation just checked and double checked.

I think if that had been me, the weekend would have been cancelled there and then - that's quite some dedication to do that kind of mileage on next to no sleep.

JenZS
25-04-2006, 12:59 PM
We,re coming too:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Ticket just ordered for both days:shock:
Is anyone meeting for the Saturday too

Tony
25-04-2006, 01:02 PM
We'll be there on Saturday, but probably not until mid afternoon.

yellowtrophy
25-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Think I may camp over actually on the Saturday night - if the weather is good. If it's anywhere near as cold as it was a Brands overnight, I'm heading home!!

GNASHER
25-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Ticket booked.Still not sure about camping

Jerry Zedman
26-04-2006, 11:03 AM
From BTCC.Net:

OULTON PARK GEARS UP FOR BRITAIN’S TOP RACE CHAMPIONSHIP
The countdown has begun: there are now less than three weeks to go before the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) races at the Oulton Park circuit in Cheshire on Sunday 14 May.

Oulton's event will be the only time this year that the BTCC – Britain's biggest and most prestigious motor racing championship – is on show in the North-West and a bumper race day crowd is anticipated.

The BTCC and Oulton are synonymous with one another – since its inception in 1958, the championship has been racing in front of huge crowds at the picturesque parkland circuit near Chester. Its location is within easy access from the M6, M62, M53 and M56 motorways and draws people from cities such as Birmingham, Chester, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Wrexham. Indeed, Oulton boasts the BTCC's biggest ever attendance figure of more than 40,000 people.

Furthermore, the track's swooping characteristics provide spectators with outstanding views of the racing. Oulton's big BTCC race day is geared around public and family entertainment – admittance is FREE for children aged under 13 and adults can book race day tickets in advance for just £20.00 via the www.oultonpark.co.uk website. That price includes paddock access plus the hugely popular Pit Lane Walkabout session when the crowds can meet the star drivers for autographs and giveaways.

"Oulton Park and the BTCC go together like cheese and pickle," says BTCC Director Alan Gow. "BTCC race day there always generates a big crowd and a very exciting atmosphere. For the North-West, this is both a major sporting and social event rolled into one. And the BTCC drivers really love the Oulton circuit - it's fast, it's up and down and the lay-out makes for a terrific challenge. As a result, the crowds are always guaranteed lots of close and occasionally controversial action."

The BTCC will be in race action three times at Oulton on 14 May and among the star names will be Matt Neal (Droitwich), the reigning BTCC Champion, who at Ireland's Mondello Park track on Sunday won twice in his Team Halfords Honda Integra to move to the top of the points standings.

But pressing him hard is Team RAC MG ZS driver Colin Turkington (Portadown) and SEAT team-mates James Thompson (Harrogate) and Jason Plato (Oxford). Multiple title-winning team Vauxhall will be eager to regain its winning form with drivers Fabrizio Giovanardi, Gavin Smith (Dublin) and Tom Chilton (Reigate). And Mike Jordan (Sutton Coldfield) and his Team Eurotech Racing with John Guest squad will also be looking to add to their first ever win on Sunday and Oulton is a circuit that Jordan knows well. Turkington's team Robert Collard is confident of success as well, having almost won at Oulton 12 months ago.

Meanwhile, looking to perform a giant-killing act will be Preston's Jason Hughes – he not only owns the small independent Kartworld Racing team but also races its rapid MG and has a reputation for occasionally upsetting the bigger names.

Also on next month's BTCC bill at Oulton Park will be a further six races from the high-profile championships run by popular car manufacturers BMW, Porsche, Renault and SEAT.

For more information about the BTCC visit the championship's official website
www.btcc.net. For an Oulton Park BTCC timetable click on the website's Calendar
section.

Bring it on!!!!!

King Minger
27-04-2006, 04:09 PM
I have a feeling there will be a third driver anouncement shortly..... ;)

Tony
27-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Does your feeling give you any idea who it may be?

King Minger
27-04-2006, 04:15 PM
*COUGH* removed at posters request *COUGH*

King Minger
27-04-2006, 04:19 PM
did i just say that out loud?

Jerry Zedman
27-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Who Pickford? Eaves?

DaveyHird
27-04-2006, 05:26 PM
phil bennet?

hope not.

King Minger
27-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Sorry all, seems to have been a mix up....

my bad... :blush:

Jerry Zedman
27-04-2006, 08:46 PM
According to Autosport today, Pickford is sniffing around the third seat at TD. I reckon Dan is trying to get sponsors. I hope so anyway! Re Phil Bennett, he won't be returning to BTCC - I think he drives in GT racing these days.

GNASHER
10-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Bugger,looks like rain for the weekend.
I see Jason will have a four pot fitted for Oulton

GT
10-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Rain? That'll make taking the tents down a lot of fun... NOT. :rolleyes:

Still, I could have predicted it. It always rains when I go away camping.

For your diaries, it'll be raining for a week from Aug 13th-20th.

Tony
10-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Have faith. The weather forecast is usually wrong :lol:

GT
10-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Maybe so... But I'm not ;) :tongueout

bgb_one
10-05-2006, 10:34 AM
ive got one spare ticket for sunday going for £18 (save you £8 if you pay on the gate!) if anyone is interested my mate has had to pull out as he is ill. anyone who is interested pm asap so i can post today!

zamo
10-05-2006, 10:47 AM
ive got one spare ticket for sunday going for £18 (save you £8 if you pay on the gate!) if anyone is interested my mate has had to pull out as he is ill. anyone who is interested pm asap so i can post today!
are you still going?if so i will have it,are you going to the meet up?

bgb_one
10-05-2006, 02:34 PM
are you still going?if so i will have it,are you going to the meet up?

sorry mate it sold within minutes of going on xpf! i should still be going but the zs is broke so will be going in the g/f's 206cc :confused2 possibilty of it being fixed tomorrow (if parts arrive in!) so its all going to be a bit last minute for me so dont know re the meet

Paul

Gav
10-05-2006, 03:46 PM
guess who may be making an appreance :D with jaffa cakes

Jerry Zedman
11-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Not long to go folks!!! Anymore for anymore???? Any probables/possibles able to be moved to THE list? :drink2:

King Minger
12-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Oh yeah, should've said!

got the tickets in my hand today! camping saturday night. save us a spot!

Tony
12-05-2006, 07:59 AM
No problem Al.
Anyone know which bit of the field we are heading for? Right in the middle or is there a better part?

GT
12-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Al - What time are you leaving, Misfit is driving me up, could meet en-route?

King Minger
12-05-2006, 09:20 AM
we're going up today, to go surprise Liz's Mum, then we'll be over sometime saturday evening. dunno what time yet, but we'll be coming from Liverpool anyway.

Clark Trent
12-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Sue has managed to wangle a half day so we are heading North this afternoon. Will try to find large open space so we can make Camp Brit-Car.
Jerry don't forget the beer.

Tony
12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
So we'll be looking for a Red ZT with a 'van to park up near then?

Jerry Zedman
12-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Sue has managed to wangle a half day so we are heading North this afternoon. Will try to find large open space so we can make Camp Brit-Car.
Jerry don't forget the beer.

Woohoo! Well done Sue (and Bob). Re beer, I've got 4 bottles of Pride at the mo but will be bringing up a few more (once I've gone shopping, that is!).:happy1:

GT
12-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Noticed I've not said I'm going yet - please add me Mr Z ;)

Camping, too!

Dawn
12-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Anyone taking a gazebo?????????

neildug
12-05-2006, 05:19 PM
is that an offer dawn:thumbs2:

heard a rumour that u had a small one the u often use:drunk: :drunk:

Dawn
12-05-2006, 06:02 PM
is that an offer dawn:thumbs2:

heard a rumour that u had a small one the u often use:drunk: :drunk:
Tony has just said "if i can fit it in i will "

Only the small one ...........not the HUGE one !

Tony
12-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Looking for volunteers when it comes to going up and coming down ;)

neildug
12-05-2006, 06:13 PM
i think in and out has more effect tony;)

if u bring the big one we could all pitch our tents under it if it rains

Dawn
12-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I have two big ones now Neil .....:blush: but they are far too big to bring to oulton :lol2:

Yes it would be nice with one of them, nobody would get wet then !

MaddAussie
12-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Noticed I've not said I'm going yet - please add me Mr Z ;)

Camping, too!
And dont forget me :D:D:D and im camping too! oh and bringing homemade burgers, cheesecake and other ancillaries for the BBQ/Brioling(if its rainning)
Oh and some beer!

Tony
12-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Mad Cheesecake" MMMMMm!

zamo
12-05-2006, 09:27 PM
i have been given a sunday ticket and a grandstand ticket for both days.does anyone know if the grandstand one is the entry aswell? if it is i will have a spare one for sunday

Tootall
12-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Have a good time campers (its just stated to rain down here) i will be watching the ITV coverage on Sunday.

Tony
12-05-2006, 10:03 PM
We've had thunder storms since about 7.30pm. Seems to have died out now. Lets hope thats the worst of the rain (but I doubt it).

King Minger
13-05-2006, 12:54 PM
aiming to leave here after the FACup so should be there by 6ish.

forecast shows rain dying out for the afternoon, and clear (probably cloudy but not a lot of rain) for sunday. :D

See you there!
Al

Tony
14-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Am I the first one back to post?

Wow, what a weekend. My first BTTC camping and despite the rather damp condidtions is was a real laugh with great company and I can't wait to do it again. Plenty of high points which I'll have to post as I remember them, but Colins drive from the back in the last race and Rob's win in the independant class was a good note to finish the weekend on.

We had a leisurely drive back, got straight out of the circuit and hit virtually no traffic all the way. Finally got in at about 8pm.
3 interesting cars on the way back though. The first was is only worth noting because of the graphics on it... the forumla BMW course car. Then and XPG ZS180, driven by Dee Jay, and finally a Yellow ZR with a bit of an extra body kit going the other way, don't think it was the Peril though.

King Minger
14-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Just before getting to the M6 i saw an Ignition Blue ZS going towards Northwich which gave me a flash, so I gave him a wave back... other than than not much interesting on the way back...

Then I get in to find some very dissapointing news.... which will be posted as soon as i type it up....
Al

MaddAussie
14-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Well I'm back home (hell have been for an hour or so)

Great weekend good too see everyone again (and meet some new people) FANTASTIC racing!!!! Well done Rob & Colin & Jason for putting on some spirited drives showing just what fantasic cars the ZS are.

Thanks to Rob, for driving down to Poole to pick me up and drop me home from Graham and Sophie's place. Thanks also to Graham and Sophie for the lift up from Hampshire to Cheshire (and Graham for the 'spirited' driving, perhaps you should ask WSR for a test mate, you never know what may happen :D:D)

Too knackered to post more will post again tomorrow night

Misfit
15-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks also to Graham and Sophie for the lift up from Hampshire to Cheshire (and Graham for the 'spirited' driving, perhaps you should ask WSR for a test mate, you never know what may happen :D:D)

Your welcome mate, although I have no idea what you mean by spririted driving??!! :angel:

As with Tony it was my first time camping at the BTCC - what fun that was! Saturday night was an absolute blast!! :drink2: My thanks to all that were present for the camping, great company as ever. Also big thanks to Mark for making some of the best burgers I have had in ages - proper patties with onion and wholegrain mustard, I'm salivating just thinking about them.

Magnette Man
15-05-2006, 07:14 AM
What a great day. Long - but thoroughly worth it! Got home around 10.45 - like others, just a liesurely drive, but it was such a great days racing once again! The performace of Jason Hughes was exceptional, and although he didnt come out for the second race, you could see that he had the extra pace so congratulations to him for that and lets hope through the rest of the season you can push yourself up the grid!!

Colins drive from the back was excellent - pure class - and both Rob and Colin performed well all weekend, it was just a shame that the poor driving of the OTHER teams pushed our guys back!

Not bad performance from the new Lexus either (even though thats not a brit car!)

Nice to speak to Tanya at RAC, and the Kartworld guys looked very relaxed yesterday!

Great to see you all again - looking forward to Thruxton!!

Jerry Zedman
15-05-2006, 08:31 AM
What can I say? Lots, as usual!!!! However, just a quick one at the mo. Thanks to all who turned up this weekend - Brit-cars had a fantastic presence at the circuit which was appreciated by Team RAC and Mr and Mrs Turkington. :drink2:

Thanks to all those that made my 'camping' experience extremely entertaining and all round enjoyable - especially Bob and Sue for putting me up in their caravan for the night and providing me with dinner and breakfast the nect morn! Superb! :love2:

As to the drivers - considering there where a few obsticles in the way (missing pit lane window in race 1 and Gavin Smith in race 2) I think both Colin and Rob drove extremely well! The mechanics tho have got one or two panels to straighten/replace before Thruxton!

As to Jason Hughes.......top bloke! With the new 4 pot (ex-WSR owned 2004 year engine) in his car he was on fire! In race one he set the fastest speed at a check point and then the fourth fastest at the finish line check point. unfortunately he had a few minor offs elsewhere which meant he finished down the grid. In race 2 whilst on his out lap his gearbox...erm...packed up (photos will be on later as to what the 'bits' look like) so he had to kick his heels instead whilst negotiating a spare with WSR for race 3. In race 3 Jason did some great overtakes getting past back markers (nice to class him as more a middle field driver after this weekend!).

Oops! Typed too much already! I'll get my thoughts together and post later the gossip and the true stories that I picked up on on both days.

Thanks once again to all that went to make this a very special Forum day out! :clap:

Wak
15-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Jerry

Good to meet you all again yesterday.
Sorry about the banner :drink2: no offence meant!

Cheers
Wak

Tony
15-05-2006, 02:09 PM
No offence taken. :)

Dee-Jay
15-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Neve and i had a great weekend (weather didn't stop that).

Another great meeting, shame about some of the results, especially when you see the pace the MG has at the moment!

Bob & Sue, thanks for the invite on Saturday night - and for being so good with Neve (I know she can be a bit of a pest).

It was good to see some friendly faces from previous meetings.:drink2:

Had a largely trouble-free journey home - except for the probable speeding fine picked up at end of the journey on the A5!!!

Will watch Thruxton on Motors (makes it seem a more interesting circuit...) but will be at Croft for that race weekend!

MaddAussie
15-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Your welcome mate, although I have no idea what you mean by spririted driving??!! :angel: lol soz could hardly keep my eyes open last night :D:D:D

Pam
15-05-2006, 06:22 PM
An absolutely brilliant weekend! Excellent racing by all - doesn't even matter that we didn't get on the podium, the standard & speed of the driving was enough in itself. The 'old' atmosphere that was missing from so many races last year was back again (with the help of a hastly bought airhorn:o ) and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. :music049:

Even Formula Boring livened itself up to mark the occasion. :rotfl:

Great to catch up with you all again and share a few laughs & drinks. :drink2:

Debbie - You are still an absolute nutter and I'm sure Colin is petrified of you now!! :lol:

DEBBIE
15-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I apologised for embarressing him and had a couple of kisses into the bargain. lets just say he won't forget me in a hurry ;)

Had a great day on Sunday (my first at Oulton Park), shame we were split up in little patches all over the place but hey ho!

PS. I still hold with Warren hughes being sexier :love1: although colin is cute and I wouldn't kick him out of bed for "Puffing" :lol2:

KelV6
15-05-2006, 07:05 PM
doesn't even matter that we didn't get on the podium

But we did, Rob won the independents in final race!!
And Colin got the 'Dunlop Charger' award, for most places made up!!

http://www.btcc.net/images/gallery/lg_1968_b929.jpg

bogbreath
15-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Great day out, not up to camping yet but maybe one day.

Had a leisurely drive back with a stop off for lunch we arrived home at 10:15

I was sitting in the slow lane at one point approaching the big hill on the M40 when one of you passed in the Starlight Silver ZS with RAC on the back window. I must have had a problem with my speedo because I thought I was doing the legal limit :)

I did try to follow but I wasn't going to break the law

Tony
15-05-2006, 08:19 PM
That would have been JerryZedMan

Jerry Zedman
15-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Ah, err......yes, that was me. Sorry Pete, I couldn't tell who was driving your car at the time. :p

GT
16-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Looks like I was the last one home at about 23:45 then :D

I thought I had already posted - but thanks to all for the good weekend! Also thanks to Misfit for transport and Madd Aussie for burgers, sausages, cheesecake... the list goes on ;)

Thanks to those who helped 'get it up' and take it down... and shame on those who couldn't, no matter how hard they tried :D

Racing was quality, but I've now got a cold from the wet and chilly Saturday night :o

I do have one gripe... that it cost the 4 of us £60 to camp!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Clark Trent
16-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Looks like I was the last one home at about 23:45 then :D

I thought I had already posted - but thanks to all for the good weekend! Also thanks to Misfit for transport and Madd Aussie for burgers, sausages, cheesecake... the list goes on ;)

I do have one gripe... that it cost the 4 of us £60 to camp!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Think it was a bit of a dead heat there mate. We pulled up outside cheznous at about that time. Difference was that we then had to manouver the caravan off the back of the car and unload the fridge.
We had intended to have a lazy evening emptying some of the left over beer containers that had accumulated. (Shame on you all I seem to have as many now as when I started.) That was until we read the notice at the campsite instructing us we had to vacate by 21:00hrs. Bit of a shock but we swung into action and were on the road by 7 o'clock. Got caught behind some shed dragger nearly all the way to the M6 so was pleased to let her have her head and race to 70 mph. (Official max speed enforced by the management.)
Stopped for coffee and a stretch and apart from passing 2 very nice WSR lorries it was an uneventful run home.
Sue and I would like to thank all the people who made Sat night / Sun morn such a laugh. Jerry for being an obliging guest, MadAussie for the cheesecake and burgers, and, the rest, too many to mention, for the other things that made the night.
DeeJay, you can bring Neve any time. She is a real credit to you and Angel. I'm sure she can be a real madam at times but in company, (where it REALLY matters,) she is delightful.

See you at Thruxton I hope. Not sure about camping as it is a very local track and may stay with our Daughter.

GT
16-05-2006, 02:55 PM
A brief write-up here http://www.brit-cars.com/content/view/120/63/

JenZS
16-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Excellent weekend.Brilliant racing-reminds me of why I bought a ZS!
Thanks for the company Debbie. Elouise is so cute.:xyxwave:

PS.
Got to be Turkington!:blush:

Pam
16-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Jen, great to see you again. Did you resist temptation or did you fork out for the jacket?? :yikes:

bogbreath
16-05-2006, 08:10 PM
That would have been JerryZedMan

I thought it probably was Jerry but I wasn't sure enough to inform the boys in blue :)

I am afraid I was not going to pursue any further than High Wickham it was getting a bit snarled up when the road went into 2 lanes.

I had only decided to take it easy from Oxford Services I had been making steady progress the rest of the journey and as soon as Jerry passed I put my foot down again.

I am afraid I shouldn't try to play with ZS's 180's anymore, I should console myself with the fact the journey only cost me one tank of fuel (albeit a bit more expensive) £53.63 not bad for the 506.4 miles journey.

Jerry Zedman
16-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I thought it probably was Jerry but I wasn't sure enough to inform the boys in blue

I don't know why you thought of that - I was only doing 85 tops - not something to worry about, especially as I was following a Police car for a large chunk of that part of the journey (and he was pulling away from me!!!!).

Rob, I can understand your gripe. It was a pitty you couldn't confirm before hand and had therefore been able to book in advance. At only £10 a ticket that would have been a decent saving.

JenZS
16-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Jen, great to see you again. Did you resist temptation or did you fork out for the jacket?? :yikes:

Hi Pam
No I didn't get the jacket.Anyhow it was going to be a birthday present for yesterday from me to me(no one else does).
Went shopping in Chester instead yeaterday and didm't buy anything:girl: :crazy:

GT
17-05-2006, 01:41 PM
£40 for us lot would still have been extortion!

To do the same at a local campsite I use down here would have set us back £6!

Pam
17-05-2006, 05:52 PM
If I had bought tickets for all of us (Nick should have had his own coz he's 13) it would have been £30. Not much cheaper than staying in a travel lodge but It wouldn't have been anywhere near as much fun. :music049:

Matt Lynham
29-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Just managing to catch it now on MotorsTV - at long frippin last!!!:flag1: