PDA

View Full Version : New Lotus Club and Club Lotus Area Leaders

elise251
15-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Just started, and website live today, is, East Midlands Lotus Club, an club for, ex owners, owners and enthusiasta alike. The club is run by myself and future hubbie and we are also the area leader's for club lotus. Please feel free to come along to meetings (3rd Monday each month), the first ever meeting is to be held on the 19th June 2006 at 8pm at the Anchor Inn Hathern. Please take a look at the website, post in the forum or guest book etc.

Hope you all like it, and fingers crossed perhaps see some of you there!

GT
16-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Good luck with the new venture, I hope it works out for you :drink2:

Dont forget to bring them here ;)

Matt Lynham
16-05-2006, 09:52 PM
A new club?? Sounds good!! Whats the website called??

(thats what you asked me to put, isn't it?:shhh: )

GT
17-05-2006, 01:42 PM
You wouldnt need to ask if you looked in the right places ;)

elise251
17-05-2006, 03:21 PM
You wouldnt need to ask if you looked in the right places ;)

Where would the right place's be then????

The Links page on brit-cars possibly???!!! ;)

elise251
17-05-2006, 03:30 PM
(thats what you asked me to put, isn't it?:shhh: )[/QUOTE]

I never asked you to put anything, what you do of your own back, christine tells you to do!!! ;)

GT
17-05-2006, 03:56 PM
I was thinking more obvious.. like your signature ;)

elise251
17-05-2006, 04:20 PM
I was thinking more obvious.. like your signature ;)

Oh yeah, forgot about that:doh: !

elise251
20-06-2006, 10:16 AM
The first meeting was held last night and went really well, much better than I was expecting tbh! We had a total of 9 cars (excluding ours as have a HGF) that were Lotus, and several that turned up without the cars as being MOTed etc, including one very nice chap who is the leader of the Essex Turbo Esprit Register, owns one but didn't bring it, shame!!
Was very pleased to see that there was also someone there (came in the Elan) who is also a member of MGCC, MGOC and The Octogan Club, nice to know there is someone is in the club supporting MG's and Lotus!

Everyone said they enjoyed the meeting and would be back next month (17th July) so I'm happy!

GT
21-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Congratulations, a good start, lets hope the momentum continues for you :drink2:

elise251
21-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Congratulations, a good start, lets hope the momentum continues for you :drink2:

I certainally hope it does, will have to see what next month brings, a few people said that that was meant to be a few others there but bad weather had probably put them off, so heres hoping we have sun for july's meeting!

elise251
19-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Our next meeting is on Monday 21st August, nothing special planned for this meeting as we've had a rather busy month, what with becoming Mr and Mrs and all!!!
Last month's meeting went well, a slightly smaller turn out but was expecting that due to various summer holidays!! However the machanic from Stratstone came along to show support and was kindly leant the brand new Exige S (lucky guy) and I got taken out for a quick run up the A6, WOW, when can I have one!!!

This month see's our Lotus going along to her first meeting with the HGF now all sorted, we are hoping that a couple of the guys from Startstone will be able to make it and bringing with them for the evening the new Elise and the Exige S again, here's hoping!!!

If anyone is in the area then it's Monday 21st August at the Anchor Inn, Hathern from 8pm.

Watts
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Elise251

Does your club have many Classic Lotus owners ?

When and where is your next meeting ?

http://www.eastmidlandslotusclub.co.uk <--- can't seem to get your link to work

Matt

ZS
08-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi Elise251

Does your club have many Classic Lotus owners ?

When and where is your next meeting ?

http://www.eastmidlandslotusclub.co.uk <--- can't seem to get your link to work

Matt

Thats because its http://www.eastmidlandslotusclub.co.uk/ lol

GT
08-09-2006, 04:23 PM
It has an intro powered by Adobe Flash, which you will need a plugin for your web browser to view :D

Plugin is free and downloadable from http://www.adobe.com

However, the intro redirects to http://www.eastmidlandslotusclub.co.uk/index.html?_ret_=return once finished, try that link to see if gets any better?

elise251
12-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi Mat, sorry your having probs with the link, hope ZS and GT have helped sort this out for you.
Haven't updated the website recently and is on my massive list of jobs for today!!!

Next meeting is Monday 18th September at The Anchor Inn, Hathern, off the A6. We will have the guy's from Stratstone Leicester with us and they are bringing along the new Europa S and possibly the Exige S too, Mark will also be giving a short talk.

We have a good mix of cars turn up for meetings, elan sprint and plus 2, Esprit V8 turbo, elan mk4, esprit S2, a few elise's just to name a few. Of course it always depend on weather and holidays as to which one's come along on the night! I know the guys who joined us for Wicksteed all said they would try and come along for next meeting though.

Hopefully you can make the next meeting. Have to ask, how did you hear of us? was it from the news letter from Club Lotus?

Thanks, Danielle

elise251
12-09-2006, 04:14 PM
EMLC website is now updated!

Watts
15-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi

Yeah your webby works fine, it just wouldn't work for me for the 10 mins I posted, must have been some kinda surfin gremlin (My ip's dns server?) for that 10 mins.

I heard about you here from the lotus leaflet that was sent to me, from club lotus

I'm going away this weekend in my elan and i'm not sure when I'll be back, I will go monday to the Anchor Inn if im back. Sounds like a great meeting.

Watts

elise251
16-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Will be good to meet your if you back in time to make it.

Excel620
16-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Hope the meet goes well on Monday. Unfortunately i spend most Monday evenings ferrying my kids about! I will be very interested in your views on the Exige S and new Europa

The Excel is SORN'd at the moment, but hope to have her back on the road next month

elise251
18-09-2006, 12:23 PM
If you ever had a 3rd monday free please come along, in the excel of course if you can!!!
The Exige S, what can I say! WOW, i was taken out for a drive in couple of meetings ago, this car is fab, looks great just as all exige's do, sounds fantastic and goes like mad! Saw it a few months back at castle combe, I was off taking pic's and hear what I though was a plane in the distance, looked around for it but no sign, soon realised it was the Exige S I could hear in the distance!!!

The Europa S... still taking time on this, I much prefer the orignal so prehaps a different name would have been better! So far though, I guess I like it! It looks much better "in the flesh"! More on this in the Europa S thread though!