PDA

View Full Version : Rob Collard Wins Last Race

Sensual_em
02-10-2005, 04:56 PM
A very big well done to Rob and the WSR Crew.:uj2:
Congratulations on winning the final race of the season.
Lets hope they can carry on with this winning streak next season:flag1:

Tootall
02-10-2005, 05:57 PM
:flag1: Well done Rob and the whole WSR team what a great finish to a season :uj2:

FUBAR
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Well done Rob, brilliant race, as the commentators said, precision driving , and that little nudge?? Well if they leave the door open.........:lol: Well done to the team and Rob, hope it continues for them.:happy1:

Tony
02-10-2005, 09:40 PM
A great drive by Rob. Once again the safety car was called while he was leading, but this time it didn't seem to matter. Pickfords attempt at getting past was never really on, I guess Robs ability to defend a position got the better of Pickford and forced him to try a desparate move. Had he been a bit more patient, he could probably have got past a lap or so later.

Well done to Rob and the WSR crew. Plenty of :drink2: to be consumed tonight in the Surrey area I think.

yellowtrophy
03-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Pickfords attempt at getting past was never really on, I guess Robs ability to defend a position got the better of Pickford and forced him to try a desparate move.
Not sure I agree with that, to be fair, Pickford was actually completely past Collard, and could have pulled back in front of him, but chose to keep his line. This was a mistake because Collard braked later, and went back through on the inside - a move that would have got Anthony Reid 3 penalty points last year! I'm not saying Rob shouldn't have made the move back past, but it was a risk. Having said that, Rob has been the victim of that sort of thing all year, so maybe it's time he got his own back!

Well done anyway Rob, a great way to end the season. And from what was being said on Motors TV, it sounds like WSR may fancy another crack at the BTCC next year, with Rob and the ZS, if they can get sufficient backling to allow thenn to develop the car and the engine. That would be great news.

Rally Matt
03-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Nice to end the season with a great win, its been a tough year but MG is still hanging on!

Well done to Matt Neil too, a great bloke and great team effort to take on and beat the works teams with very big budgets.

:uj1:

GT
03-10-2005, 09:47 AM
A good race for Rob Collard... he deserved a good result the way he was flying all day!

I'll also offer some high praise for Jason Hughes, who was very much giving as good as he was getting. Although his car was obviously not quite as quick as Robs, he was holding his line extremely well under a LOT of pressure in race 3, and it was a pleasure to see him over-taking through the races. He was certainly giving those much better funded Vauxhalls and Lexus racers a good run for their money!

Ralph
03-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Well done to Rob Collard , and to Jason Hughes! :uj1: :flag2: It was great to see an all MG front row in the final race.

Tracy
03-10-2005, 05:00 PM
:woohoo: Saw it happen. Brilliant driving by Rob :) Great day at Brands yesterday with lots of cheering and air canister trumpet blowing (much to the disgust of the Renault supporters who were sat near us :tongueout ) There was a good turn out at the meetup beforehand too.

byron
03-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Gutted we could'nt make it but what a final race,Rob was on top form again and WSR did an amazing job as always but did you hear the comment with regards to the ZS and WSR,Rob is hoping to be driving the ZS for WSR next year with a bigger budget so they can be up front more often :uj1: .

Ralph
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
There was a good turn out at the meetup beforehand too.
I really must buy an alarm clock! :banghead: :uj1:

Pam
03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Great day at Brands yesterday with lots of cheering and air canister trumpet blowing (much to the disgust of the Renault supporters who were sat near us :tongueout )

I said to Neil that there'd be folks whinging about the airhorns. We had people whinging about it last year and I'd been very good up until Brands ;) (only used one can of air all year). :lol2:

Jerry Zedman
03-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Well done Rob Collard! Fantastic day - top bloke and a great driver! :cheers:

Great to see everyone again. Hope WSR can run next year, with ZSs would be even better! Who knows. :flag1:

Alex B
03-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Congratulations to Rob for his birthday...37...he's a baby and could still drive MG's for a while I think next year...and for his win on the last race of the season...and I WAS THERE :happy1: !!!

Mr. Zedman and I were looking at the highlaights and race at home and his move on Pickford was completely legal...he had the right line on that corner...so...sorry Pickford you'll have to try harder next time :crazy:

Alex :car2: :car2: :music: :clappy:

KelV6
03-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Did anyone care to mention to RC or DB that a large proportion of the fan base for WSR, now frequent a new forum?

KelV6

Tracy
04-10-2005, 07:54 AM
I said to Neil that there'd be folks whinging about the airhorns. We had people whinging about it last year and I'd been very good up until Brands ;) (only used one can of air all year). :lol2:

:flag2: TBH we were pretty obviously a large group of MG supporters, so why choose to sit there?? It was amusing watching them :angry1: everytime the MGs came round though. :woohoo:

Jerry Zedman
04-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Did anyone care to mention to RC or DB that a large proportion of the fan base for WSR, now frequent a new forum?

KelV6

Sorry, no. I had enough opportunities but forgot. My feeble excuse is I didn't have a flyer or stickers to give them. :cry: :banghead:

Sumo
04-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Sorry I'm late in here, but I watched Rob on Sunday on TV and that last race was BRILLIANT (there is NO WAY Pickford could have recovered from where he was on the overtake, he'd gone in way too fast and couldn't get in front of Rob even if he wanted to!).
If that is WSR and MG's swansong in the BTCC, what a way to go. If it isn't, let's hope someone comes up with the cash and the Judd 2000 gets some development as dynamically the ZS is still up there with the rest of them.

Lets not forget Jason Hughes, though - cracking race and just before Plato, Mullet and Eaves tangled, I noticed they weren't gaining on him - that car was just as fast! Give the boy a K2000!!

Jerry Zedman
04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Jason is looking at buying the two from our Swiss friends who won the German Production Championship this year. apparently they are for sale at 40k each. jason wants to upgrade his current to a K2000 but that will cost ITRO 25k to do. He said he was interested in going to Switzerland to buy both cars. That gives him the choice as to which one he can use next year. Possible 2nd driver at Kartworld? Who knows. Jason wasn't committing himself!

Sumo
05-10-2005, 08:20 AM
BTW, how did the two Swiss cars do in the end? Last I heard it was 7 out of 8 wins and BMW were crying into their steins.....:tongueout
Sorry, just re-read the post......question answered!

Alex B
05-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Here is were we won it people :flag1: :uj2: :flag2: :car1: :happy1: :car2: well done Collard...it was nice and almost clean :lol2:

Image has been cut and resized to fit forums !!!

Alex

Tootall
05-10-2005, 10:36 PM
What a cracking picture Alex clearly shows that Rob had the inside line :uj2:

(sorry i could not make it still feeling a bit rough)

Tony
05-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Not sure I agree with that, to be fair, Pickford was actually completely past Collard, and could have pulled back in front of him, but chose to keep his line. This was a mistake because Collard braked later, and went back through on the inside
Having watched the TV replay there are obviously things that couldn't be seen at the track that lead up to the coming together. I stand by my statement though, but for different reasons now. Pickfords attempt to close the door was much too late. Rob's apex speed was so much higher, Pickford would have held him up through the corner if he'd moved across earlier and I think Rob would have probably got a tow down the straight to make a move at paddock.

Clark Trent
11-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Having watched the TV replay there are obviously things that couldn't be seen at the track that lead up to the coming together. I stand by my statement though, but for different reasons now. Pickfords attempt to close the door was much too late. Rob's apex speed was so much higher, Pickford would have held him up through the corner if he'd moved across earlier and I think Rob would have probably got a tow down the straight to make a move at paddock.

Totally agree with all above. Rob was on the tarmac, gained an overlap, Pickford came accross and found an MG on the same bit of road. Happens to me often on the motorway. Difference is, I find it easier and less time consuming to give way. Rob had no reason to. About time too.

Anyway, well done Rob. Now that you believe us when we say the ZS corners on rails. That is our road cars so think what WSR can make your's do.