PDA

View Full Version : Rally Matt does it again!

MaddAussie
06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I popped up to the Haynes Motor Museum yesterday to say hi to Matt and let him put a huge grin on my face :), Liked the tight twisty tarmac track and of course the skills of Mr Stephens :) Cheers mate!

Oh didnt get to see the museum :( as we took a leisurely very scenic tour upto Yeovil... I thought the driver knew a another way from straight up the A37! So I'll have to go again

GT
07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Was this the same course they put the reverse steer Maestro around?

Rally Matt
07-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Great to see you Mark!

Its the same track Rob but I don't think anyone quite uses the same layout I do! I try for the impossibly tight option!

Madgasters
07-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Sorry i missed you all ,only living up the road , had to help a mate move house got to Haynes about 5.45 and every one had gone apart from one ZR.

How did the ZR like the track ?

Rally Matt
07-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Its 3rd time we have run there. I would say its almost too grippy in the dry. You need to take a lot of speed into the bottom hairpin and really launch it to get it to drift.

A combination of Left foot braking and lots of handbrake got it round ok! I never use the track as it was designed, too dull. I try and work in lots of switchbacks and over hairpin turns.

If you could change the scenery it would make a good replica of an Alpine asphalt stage in Italy or France they way we had it run, just without the drops (and the scabby stray dog every village has!)