PDA

View Full Version : Tyres on the MGF..

FUBAR
18-10-2005, 05:00 PM
I have been told that the best tyres for my F are the NCT2 (is that right? i know its 3 letters and a number), was told these are manufacturer recommended. Also been told that the 3's are good, but need scrubbing in, Someone else told me that the 5's should never be fitted to the F. Question is, which is it?? Coz having looked at mine, i have 5's on the back, and 3's on the front ??? personally didnt think you mixed trye types at all, so that seems wierd. Before you ask, they were on the car when i bought it, only looking now coz i need new fronts. Any advice or info much appreciated.:thumbs1:

GT
18-10-2005, 05:09 PM
I hope ya dont mind, but I moved this to the MGF section ;)

IIRC, the front and rear tyres on the MGF are different widths? This may be why you have different model numbers, for the size.

MaddAussie
18-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Rule of thumb in general for tyres is keep axles the same type.

The F is a bit sensitive to divverent tyre types, NTC's where the original fits from the factory and they are OK just. Better are Goodyear F1's GSD2's (tho they have been replaced by GSD3's now)
I had GSD3's on all four corners and loved it

Go have a look at Rob Bells site http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/tyres/index.htm

FUBAR
18-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Cheers Guys,

sorry Rob, i forgot to click in the MGF bit :confused2

Ralph
18-10-2005, 06:39 PM
NCT3s were original fitment on the 15" rims. They are okay in the dry, but are pants in the wet. The 16" rims were fitted with F1s (GSD2), which are great tyres in both dry and wet conditions.

I actually used F1 GSD2s on my 15" rims - they were sooooooo much better than the NCT3s - until I bought some 16" wheels.

Markb
18-10-2005, 06:49 PM
My TF always went like stink on Eagle F1's - worth paying the extra. Or Toyo's if you can find them cheaper. Wear quicker though.