PDA

View Full Version : WANTED : MG 'hero' cards - BTCC / LMS / rally

Captain Chaos
09-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi all - long time no see! Hope you're all keeping well?...

Over the years I have managed to obtain quite a few MG themed driver 'hero' cards - as I'm sure a great many other anoraks have!

These cover the 2001-2008 seasons in the British Touring Car Championship, Le Mans 24 Hours, Le Mans Series, American Le Mans Series, Junior World Rally Championship, etc.

I obviously have quite a few duplicates, and would be interested in hearing if any others out there have a similar collection, and in particular if anyone has any that might possibly fill the gaps I have. I'm more than happy to fill your gap in return! :p

The 2004-2006 BTCC seasons were the most interesting as West Surrey Racing printed a different card for each round of the series. In very limited numbers, these often featured a photo of an MG ZS from the preceeding round of the series.

Similarly, I do not have a 2008 Jason Hughes 'hero' card - so would also be keen to obtain one of those if anyone has a spare?

Surely I cannot be the only anorak collecting them? :music049:

Jerry Zedman
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know what you mean Dave?!!!

I've got loads but as to which ones I've got over the years I don't know tbh! i have some for KWR as well but once again I would need to look through them to work out what is what. Unfortunately, time is not on my side at the mo. Maybe once things have settled down and winter officially sets in I will plough through them and let you know what I've got.

I hope this helps.

Captain Chaos
10-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks Jerry. No worries about leaving it till you have a little more time - I too am in a similar situation at present. As and when you get a chance...

Captain Chaos
23-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Here are a handful of photos of my 2001-2006 BTCC 'hero' card collection.

Since 2006, Kartworld have produced a variety of A3 and A4 posters for Jason Hughes and Fiona Leggate. I will get these photographed shortly and uploaded to complete the story.