PDA

View Full Version : Brit-Cars 11 / Picnic In The Park

LouZRBabe
20-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Was just wondering if the site is doing an event this year? I do remember it being mentioned that a 2011 brit-cars event was going to be missed and instead do some sort of picnic in the park. Has anything been planned for this?

Tony
21-02-2011, 09:08 AM
We're not doing the show at Wicksteed this year, partly due to the low turn out of the last couple of years, and partly due to lack of motivation on my part.

Putting a club stand (or a joint club stand) in for this event could be worth doing though...
http://www.kimboltoncountryfayre.com/index.htm
I went for the first time last year and the place was over run with british cars of all ages with a few groups of non-brits thrown in for extra interest.

Rich Stone
21-02-2011, 09:34 AM
I have already received the booking form and indeed I think we should book it as a joint Brit-Cars / Southmids Sportsters stand as discussed previously. Of course, this is likely to require a larger space than last time so I will contact the organisers to see what they can offer. Also, it would nice if we could use the Brit-Cars marquee as the SmS one (amongst others) got rather wrecked at the end of the season last year!

Rich

KelV6
21-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I enjoyed Kimbolton very much last year, my first time there, even though my local MG Club have been going to it for many years..

Tony
21-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I think we should book it as a joint Brit-Cars / Southmids Sportsters stand as discussed previously.
Sounds good to me, I'm sure Lou could bring a rake of ZR's if wanted too :)

Rich Stone
21-02-2011, 02:23 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/SouthMidsSportsters/Events/38e79280.gif

Click HERE (http://www.karist.co.uk/SMS/events/kimbol10/kimbol10.htm) for a reminder of what last year's Kimbolton event was like...

Rich

LouZRBabe
21-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Never heard of this event before. Actually looks really good. Just the sort of thing I like. It's some mileage for me but that's ok, I can get a hotel near and maybe combine it with doing something else.

If you want to go ahead with it, I'd be up for it and if you want other ZR's I can put a thread up on theMGZR.co.uk for interest.

GT
21-02-2011, 07:09 PM
We used to do something similar each february at Sommerly Park, Ringwood, for the Sunseeker Rally!

However, again, attendence dropped to such a low that is hardly seemed worth it :(

GNASHER
23-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Can't go to this one comrades as I will be in Moscow.

GT
24-05-2011, 09:41 AM
It's 50/50 as to whether I could make this date... I'll be 500miles from home for the week leading upto this!

KelV6
24-05-2011, 10:19 AM
No reflection on the event or the company present, but it's looking unlikely I will make it. After a week away on holiday, there will be plenty to do at home, and no time to prepare for the show properly ..

The Express Valeter
16-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Any updates on this event given it was 3 Months since the last post?

LouZRBabe
17-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I know some people attended Kimbolton.

Don't think there is anything else planned for this year, shame because I really enjoyed Kettering Brit-Cars last year, almost a year ago!

Tony
17-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Kimbolton was a great show, numbers seemed slightly down on last year but still loads to see. We had about 10 MGF and TF's on the SMS pitch.

Given a lack of enthusiasm on my part the difficulty in begging sponsorship and the low numbers at Wicksteed over the last couple of years, I don't think we'll be trying to do it again for a while, especially given the size of other events (like Kimbolton) that are nearby.

Jerry Zedman
19-08-2011, 11:27 PM
I reckon we should plan to attend a major event next year - poss Pride of Longbridge - and park up our MGs in a specific area. That way we could all have a picnic and get fellow enthusiasts to gawp at our cars whilst we gawp at theirs!!!

Beaker
06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
We used to do something similar each february at Sommerly Park, Ringwood, for the Sunseeker Rally!

However, again, attendence dropped to such a low that is hardly seemed worth it :(

Just you, me & Al the last year iirc, and we had a bit of fun with a gazebo too.