PDA

View Full Version : 2003 (52) MG ZT+ 160 (1.8Turbo)

GT
19-05-2011, 01:07 PM
For sale is my 2003 (52) MG ZT+ 160 (1.8Turbo)...

Colour :: British Racing Green
MOT :: March 2012
Tax :: September 2011, 245 renewal.
Mileage :: ~99,500
Service History :: Believed to be full, including many old MOTs.
Spec :: ZT+ with all the usual features including...

18" Hairpin Alloy Wheels
Matrix Sports Seats (not incorrectly advertised as half-leather!)
Factory fitted CD Player with 6 disc changer.
Air Conditioning with dual-zone ATC (automatic temperature control)
Front fog lights.
All round electric windows with one-touch up/down for the driver's window.
Electric heated door mirrors
Remote Central Door Locking (Both keys still available)

I've owned the car for 2.5 years now and have had the following parts replaced...

Cylinder Head - replaced due to second HGF in it's lifetime and skim tolerances being out of bounds. Replaced with MG dealer supplied reconditioned head. (mid 2010)
MLS Head Gasket and oil rail. (mid 2010)
Cambelt (mid 2010)
All ancillary belts (alternator etc, mid 2010)
Radiator (due to puncture) and ancillary hoses that were perishing (1 month old)
Clutch slave cylinder (clutch and dual-mass flywheel while it was all apart, late 2010)
New exhaust rear silencer (March 2010 / MOT)
New Turbo (2009)

Current bad points...

Bird-induced paint blemish on bonnet (from prior to my ownership)
Drivers seat tear on the inside of the bolstering, it's not too obvious and is a common ZT issue.
Crack on dash trim at it's narrowest point below a heater vent (from prior to my ownership).
Exhaust silencer mounting not quite straight. Sounds worse than it is, it's fixed perfectly well and securely, but it's not as snug into the heat-shield as I would expect it to be if I was being a perfectionist.
The trim underneath the door on one side is starting to peel the paint, revealing the original chrome underneath. Another common MG ZT issue thanks to them painting over the R75 chrome trim instead of making new parts.

Overall the bodywork is in relatively good condition for a car of it's age and mileage and remains corrosion free with no knocks or scrapes from impact, many of the others I have seen are far worse but don't expect it to be showroom :)

Wheels have some kerbing, but again average for the age, with Avon ZZ3 tyres with the re-enforced walls.

The interior is also in very good condition, except for the points noted above on the seat and trim.

The tank costs approx 80 to fill from empty and is capable of 500 miles if driven sensibly as proven from trips from the south coast to Scotland. Don't go mad and you can see 400miles per tank on a regular basis, drive it enthusiastically a lot and expect 330 miles per tank!

This ZT is currently wearing a private 'MG' plate, which is not included in the sale and has no outstanding finance as I didn't take any out to start with :D

As you can see from the above list of new parts, it's had some faults and the dreaded HGF, all of which has been dealt with by an MG dealer over the last 18months with no expense spared!

MG ZTs are a fantastic car and I will be sorry to see the car go, the interior design is superb and the external design still looks good today, but needs must and all that...

Looking for a quick sale, and with all the above considered, offers around 1,500

I'll try and arrange some suitable pictures shortly.

MYCaptainChris
23-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I can confirm (as many can on here) this is a really nice looking car. Rob always looks after his cars.

GT
23-05-2011, 06:17 PM
As promised a couple of pics!

External views with the paint mark on the bonnet, the chipped paint on the sill, the not-quite-perfect exhaust mounting, the mileage and the overall interior...

GT
23-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Finished off with the seat tear, the engine bay, the full tool set, CD multi-changer and examples of some of the marks on the bodywork.

Just proof that this is a used car really, used daily for it's whole life for practical daily things!

Sold as seen, of course, no warranty offered or implied!