Thread: Coil over adjustment

There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Coil over adjustment

Since I can't see a technical forum I thought I would post here...

I know we have a few technical types on here so... I need to adjust my coil overs (previous owner set them way too low) I know I need a "C" spanner, but any other advice on how to set them up would be greatly appreciated

Blog Entries
    Technical bits tend to go in the sections for the cars themselves, rather than having a separate technical forum for about 100 different vehicles. It's a different approach to some of the single-model forums, but one that seems to best fit our model

With regards to the coilovers, I'm afraid I have no idea!

Do you have any pics of what the controls look like, for those of us who are uninitiated?

Guessing it's a case of turn the spanner until desired height is achieved, but not sure how that's measured explicitly. I'd also suggest that it'll be tune-by-ear as you don't have a workshop/testbed and the desired result would be personal preference (aesthetics, performance, etc).
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

www.brit-cars.com

There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah maybe...

Its a simple setup and any coilover picture will show you how to do it

Purchased a "C" spanner today, which should arrive in the next couple of days... then its wind the huge nuts up till the car is raised to where I want it...

Turns out that all four corners are different hights (1.5 cm difference from middle of arch to floor between the two front wheels) so it deffo needs setting up correctly!

Thread Information