Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Latest Modifications to my car

  1. #1
    There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    22

    Latest Modifications to my car

    Ok so yesterday I decided to make a small 'subtle' modification to my car

    Before:

    2012-05-23_12-59-12_468.jpg

    After:

    2012-05-29_21-09-57_312.jpg

    But can you spot this subtle Mod? lol

  2. #2
    BTCC all the way! Jerry Zedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dartford - for living purposes only
    Posts
    4,332
    Rep Power
    14
    Err...you've changed the wheels?
    Owner of a Pitch Black MG 6 GT!!!!!

    MG6 GT in BTCC for 2012, 2013, 2014.....

    Whoop! Whoop!!



  3. #3
    With juicy orangey bits! GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    9,930
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    10
    You moved?
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

    www.brit-cars.com

  4. #4
    With juicy orangey bits! GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    9,930
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    10
    Wait, didn't is used to be blue?!
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

    www.brit-cars.com

  5. #5
    Co-Founder Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    8,150
    Rep Power
    18
    You took that dodgy website sticker off?
    I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

  6. #6
    BTCC all the way! Jerry Zedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dartford - for living purposes only
    Posts
    4,332
    Rep Power
    14
    Ermm....errr... OO! OO! I've got it.......err......nope, gone again. I give up. No matter how many times I study these two photos I cannot find your subtle difference and judging by other feedback, nor can anyone else. Give us all a small clue Sam.
    Owner of a Pitch Black MG 6 GT!!!!!

    MG6 GT in BTCC for 2012, 2013, 2014.....

    Whoop! Whoop!!



  7. #7
    There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    22
    Well, I have changed the wheels, welded a bigger boot on the back and converted it to later styling... I have then resprayed it in a nice black and changed the number plate over...

    Then inside it has Alcantara seats and is very tidy (the kids have been told to keep it tidy too!!).

    All in all I think its a lovely car (when the alarm doesn't immobilise and refuse to let me start it!!)

    Now if only I had an MG numberplate, and some site stickers... lol

    front.jpg

  8. #8
    BTCC all the way! Jerry Zedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dartford - for living purposes only
    Posts
    4,332
    Rep Power
    14
    I must admit Sam, putting an MG badge on the front of your Astra is a bit silly.
    Owner of a Pitch Black MG 6 GT!!!!!

    MG6 GT in BTCC for 2012, 2013, 2014.....

    Whoop! Whoop!!



  9. #9
    There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    22
    Astra?????

  10. #10
    BTCC all the way! Jerry Zedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dartford - for living purposes only
    Posts
    4,332
    Rep Power
    14
    I'm sure I read a post where you said you'd bought an Astra as your run around so assumed the red car (now with fake MG badge) was an Astra.
    Owner of a Pitch Black MG 6 GT!!!!!

    MG6 GT in BTCC for 2012, 2013, 2014.....

    Whoop! Whoop!!



  11. #11
    There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    22
    No? I've never even sat in an astra to my knowledge... let alone brought one?

    Went from the Blue ZS180 to a Red Rover 75 Tourer (Big mistake) and then from that to a Red MK1 Hatch 180 (modified) and now on a Black MK2 180

  12. #12
    Classic & Modern
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    5,863
    Rep Power
    15
    I see it now, you have added an Xpower MG badge to the front.

    Very nice! Why was the 75 a mistake? Too many problems or just not as exciting to drive as an MG?

  13. #13
    There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinW View Post
    Why was the 75 a mistake? Too many problems or just not as exciting to drive as an MG?
    It cost more to run than the ZS180 did, more to insure and kept having issues, such as:

    Rear Springs broke
    Brake lines corroded through
    In Tank Fuel Pump Failed
    Under Bonnet Fuel Pump Failed
    EGR Clogged up and stopped air getting to the engine
    Clutch went along with Hydraulics and Duel Mass Flywheel
    Fuel Filter decided it no longer liked living and dumped fuel out the tap in the bottom (WTF??? Tap in the bottom??)
    Common Rail Diesel Leak Off Pipes, leaked fuel
    Common Rail Diesel Leak Off Pipe T peices became Porous and leaked fuel
    Someone drove into the back of it and damaged the chassis minimally (ok not the car's fault... but still cost money)
    Rear Brake Calipers decided they no longer wanted to live and froze solid
    Handbrake decided it liked being off more than on, even when you wanted it to be on
    Gearbox leaked oil
    Tyres kept wearing oddly, dispite numerous tracking adjustments
    ATC system failed
    Radio packed in taking the CD Changer with it
    It did 32 MPG max on average, round town (More expensive fuel too!) - only time it did more was cruise controled 65mph long distance motorway driving...

    Shall I go on?

  14. #14
    BTCC all the way! Jerry Zedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dartford - for living purposes only
    Posts
    4,332
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ZS View Post
    No? I've never even sat in an astra to my knowledge... let alone brought one?

    Went from the Blue ZS180 to a Red Rover 75 Tourer (Big mistake) and then from that to a Red MK1 Hatch 180 (modified) and now on a Black MK2 180
    Sorry mate, them Rovers and Vauxhalls all look the same.
    Owner of a Pitch Black MG 6 GT!!!!!

    MG6 GT in BTCC for 2012, 2013, 2014.....

    Whoop! Whoop!!



  15. #15
    Classic & Modern
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    5,863
    Rep Power
    15
    Even worse, the MGs all look like Protons, allegedly, the new ones anyway.

    Blimey that is a long list of faults, I always heard the diesel 75/ZT were supposed to be so reliable, but I agree, the diesel is a waste of time for urban commuting.

  16. #16
    BTCC all the way! Jerry Zedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dartford - for living purposes only
    Posts
    4,332
    Rep Power
    14
    Well done Sam, it looks a nice car. I wanted a Mk2 ZS when they came out but funds didn't stretch that far thus I settled for a nearly new late registered Mk1 at the time.
    Owner of a Pitch Black MG 6 GT!!!!!

    MG6 GT in BTCC for 2012, 2013, 2014.....

    Whoop! Whoop!!



  17. #17
    With juicy orangey bits! GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    9,930
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    10
    Jerry, are you feeling alright?

    I think you've been spending too much time sniffing petrol (sic) or on the wrong forums!
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

    www.brit-cars.com

  18. #18
    With juicy orangey bits! GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    9,930
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    10
    From what I can tell, the modifications are as follows...

    • X-power badging to the grille.
    • De-baged bootlid.
    • Stainless exhaust (silencer, at least?)
    • Either painted or modified brake calipers, with x-power branding
    • MGF stering airbag module
    • X-Power sticker branding on the alcantata front seat backs


    But I didn't get the chance to get a proper look!
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

    www.brit-cars.com

  19. #19
    With juicy orangey bits! GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    9,930
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    10
    Forgot to add...

    * Mudflaps
    * Painted rear bumper insert
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

    www.brit-cars.com

  20. #20
    Valeting With Pride. The Express Valeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gillingham, Kent.
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by ZS View Post
    It cost more to run than the ZS180 did, more to insure and kept having issues, such as:

    Rear Springs broke
    Brake lines corroded through
    In Tank Fuel Pump Failed
    Under Bonnet Fuel Pump Failed
    EGR Clogged up and stopped air getting to the engine
    Clutch went along with Hydraulics and Duel Mass Flywheel
    Fuel Filter decided it no longer liked living and dumped fuel out the tap in the bottom (WTF??? Tap in the bottom??)
    Common Rail Diesel Leak Off Pipes, leaked fuel
    Common Rail Diesel Leak Off Pipe T peices became Porous and leaked fuel
    Someone drove into the back of it and damaged the chassis minimally (ok not the car's fault... but still cost money)
    Rear Brake Calipers decided they no longer wanted to live and froze solid
    Handbrake decided it liked being off more than on, even when you wanted it to be on
    Gearbox leaked oil
    Tyres kept wearing oddly, dispite numerous tracking adjustments
    ATC system failed
    Radio packed in taking the CD Changer with it
    It did 32 MPG max on average, round town (More expensive fuel too!) - only time it did more was cruise controled 65mph long distance motorway driving...

    Shall I go on?
    That list of faults will be most of the BMW supplied parts then.

    Range Rover Evoque Pure Tech In Barollo Black With Custom Paint Etc Additions.
    Rover 25GSi-Firefrost Red.
    MG ZR-Express 105-Firefrost Red (Special Build total spec).
    MG Montego 2.0i-Flame Red.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •