Thread: A clear out is coming.

A clear out is coming.

As some of you may know, I have a large collection of parts and cars at a barn in Wetherby (Yorkshire)

Over the next few weeks/ months I will be clearing out the barn.
    This will include lots of new and used parts for most models of Metro,Maestro, Montego and many other ARG/MGR cars.
    (I cleared out a dealer just after the "fall"

Starting with the Metro's.
    I will be keeping my Targa red Mk2 85 Metro Turbo, but the rest will be up for sale. (My Black Mk2 Turbo is already spoken for.)

My Targa Red Mk2 MG Metro and Silver Y plate Mk1 MG Metro are available as projects to be completed.

Silver Mk1: (I previous owner until November 2011)
    http://www.metroownersclub.org/forum...p?f=31&t=11638
    As described in a previous thread on MOC, this needs lots of cosmetic work, and is currently MOT'd until late November this year.
    However, the passenger front hydrogas valve snapped, and the suspension is down.
    I have a new valve for it, and the means to re set the suspension , but other commitments means I have not had the time to sort it.
    According to the 1st owner it had a recon engine at 65k miles and is now showing 105k miles.
    Offers over 350 takes it away, and you will have the option to fix it here and pump up the suspension free.
    Located at my house in Wiltshire.
    (replacement panels in silver for ease of restoration are available at extra cost)

Targa Red Mk2 MG Metro:
    This car is showing aproximately 50k miles, but has no history to back it up.
    The front end panels were completely replaced for new, and paintwork rectified several years ago before going into storage.
    It will likely need at least one door replacing. (spare panels in colour are available).
    After coming out of storage it was found to have suffered in the inner wings due to water seapege into the building.
    The majority of the work has been done, if not completed (will confirm).
    It is on Metric rims, but a set of very good cross spokes can be made available at extra cost.
    It has a mint herringbone interior.
    Nearest to 500 gets it.
    This Metro is at the Barn in Wetherby.

As well as parts, I have a new old stock Last of line Mk2 Shell. This is a high filler 3 door shell, ideal for rebuilding a high spec late model Austin Vp or MG Metro.
    Also ideal for anyone rebuilding a metro cup car.
    Serious Offers only!.
    This is also at the Barn in Wetherby.

In addition to this Shell, I also have an excellent Mk1 Turbo shell, with has been restored to the highest standards at a great cost. It has also been dipped at spl(?) so is well protected from the usual rust issues we expect from our cars.
    Due to roof damage caused at the dipping company, this will either have an "untreated" new roof panel already fitted, or supplied ready to fit.
    This is currently residing in Cirencester, and only serious offers will be considered.

As the Black Turbo will be going on the wheels it arrived with(cross-spokes), I will have a straight set of 5 MK1 Turbo alloy wheels for sale fitted with new tyres(165/55/13), complete with centre caps and nut covers. As we all know the centres and nut covers are rarer than the alloys, and due to lack of availability the set will not be cheap, nor will they be split.
    Price 350 OVNO

Having replaced the interior on the Black Mk2 for the correct period Marle Decco seats, I also have a pristine MK2 Herringbone Interior for sale.
    It is unmarked and would be excellent for any Mid build MG metro restoration.

Thats it for now, my next visit north will be in the next few weeks, were I will take updated pictures of the Targa red Mk2 and the Mk2 Shell.

Transport can be arranged at my convenience for a reasonable fee.

Mal.
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Brit - Car Nutter?.......

Too right I am!

Also.............

I have yet to decide on what to do with my Montego DLX estate, the Black J Plate MG Maestro (partially restored) or the White Montego Turbo I was rebuilding. (originally going to Thomas on triple-M)

There is also a 1960 Rover 100 to deal with, a "NOS" but rusty Solid roof Maestro Shell, and a 1.3HL Maestro parts car.

I envisage quite a bit being scrapped due to either lack of interest and/ or offers for parts lower than "weigh in" value.

Once the majority of the cars have either been sold, scrapped or moved, There will then be space to lay out the parts and chose which I need to keep.

There will then be a chance for a "Barn Rummage" for all interested over a 4 day weekend (Friday to Monday inclusive).
    After that all other parts will be listed as job lots on ebay and other car related sites as well as offered to jumblers and other such traders.
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

Classic & Modern
    Very tempting to add a red Metro to the fleet but Mrs W would kill me! Any 1960s 1100/1300 bits up for sale?

Martin,
    In the literally thousands of parts I have at the barn, there may well be the odd 11/1300 bit or two.

Packaging for the parts starts with little wooden crates with the BMC rosette on them to the latest MGR black box's.

Mal.
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

Classic & Modern
    The little wooden crates with rosettes sounds good! Keep us posted on your barn sale date.

I have had a few mails and text's etc regarding spares.(this is listed on several forums)
    So, to save peoples time and mobile bills.....

Parts will be availble for a "rummage" once I have cleared the cars.

Cars to go will be:

Mk2 MG Metro for project or spares.
    MK1 MG Metro for project or spares.(MOT'd)
    94 Montego DLX Estate Spares or repairs (bodily restored early noughties)
    NOS Maestro shell (solid roof) has rot as was left outside for 10 years.(likely to be scrapped)
    NOS last of line MK2 Metro Shell in primer(Serious offers only)
    Fully restored and dipped MK1 Metro Turbo Shell (serious offers only)
    98/9 'T' Rover 820 SI needs metal water pipe and general overhaul(nearly new exhaust fitted)
    (H) Maestro 1.3 HL beyond economical repair (to be stripped and scrapped).(IIRC it is a 5 speed. dash/door handles/ and some other parts spoken for)
    J plate MG Maestro abandoned restoration project many new parts including rear quarter/sill and arch fitted. (to be stripped and scrapped)

After these (or the majority of them) have gone, I will sort out all the used spares and set aside the ones I need to keep.
    Then I will lay out the new spares and do the same.
    After that I will announce a 4 day weekend (friday to Monday) when people can come to the barn in Wetherby and see if there is anything they need/want to buy.

These spare will include, alloy wheels, new and used panels, interiors, sunroof cassettes with good to mint seals and much much more than can be remembered.

Those who have been to the barn before will have an idea as to the ammounts of parts there.

New parts range from BMC to last of line MGR.
    Mal.
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

I forgot to add, there is also a 1960 Rover 100 (no docs original 3&3 plate)
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

Also:
    White Montego Turbo. Partially restored with known good engine fitted, original arch's needs inner arch and paint for body. As well as completing.
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

NOS MAestro Shell now sold (subject to payment)
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

I will be going north tomorow specifically to photograph cars etc, and to confirm details of condition etc.
    This will be a quick visit, and not open to visitors.

Mal.
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

Pictures of yesterdays visit to the barn.

There not brilliant, but should give a good idea of whats there and the cars.
    In order of appearance:
    820si/montego turbo/827 coupe'/1960 Rover 100/NOS Mk2 Shell (surface rust only in places)/Targa red Mk2 Metro (F Plate)/selection of used parts pics.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...arance%202012/

Did not have time to dig out the DLX this visit.
    The pictures of parts are just a "taste" of the used parts, and there are far more and much more in new parts.
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

T Plate 820 si sold subject to payment
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

any side jacks?
    "Never trust a fart"

Side jacks?

As in factory supplied Jacks, or some other form of jack?

UPDATE:
    Just to update:
    NOS Maestro shell
    Rover 820 Si
    MK1 MG Metro.

The above items are now "SOLD SUBJECT TO PAYMENT"
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

It's OK.Just got one of flebay,thanks
    "Never trust a fart"

UPDATE:
    Just to update:
    NOS Maestro shell
    Rover 820 Si
    MK1 MG Metro.
    MK1 MG Montego Turbo Project

The above items are now "SOLD"
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

Well today was the day Richard Moss from www.rover800.info collected the 82 MG metro.

It was a little sad seeing it drive off up the road, but I know Richard will bring it back to it's former glory in his ownership.

And I'm fairly sure we will likely see it at a meet or two once he is based back in the UK.

After a rummage through the bits I have at the house,and a few suitable service items had been stashed safely in the boot, we waved him off, followed by the wife and youngest in they're Rover cabrio.

So, another one finds a new home where it's future is secured.

Mal.
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't suppose you have any cheap seats suitable for a '96 F laying around?

Sorry its been a while since I last updated this, but life has a way of "getting in the way" LOL

UPDATE:
    Just to update:
    NOS Maestro shell
    Rover 820 Si
    MK1 MG Metro.
    MK2 MG Metro.
    MK1 MG Montego Turbo Project.
    Fully restored and dipped MK1 Metro Turbo Shell (serious offers only)SOLD Subject to collection and payment.

The above items are now "SOLD"
    (H) Maestro 1.3 HL beyond economical repair Scrapped after all usable parts removed.
    I still have the partially restored Late Blck Mg Maestro EFI, 1960 Rover 100, 1993/4 Black Rover 827 Manual coupe', 1994 Montego DLX Estate, My old BGT(76 R plate) and a rust free 1970 BGT shell which has had a section of the fire wall cut from it!. Otherwise pretty much mint.

Mal
    Too many Parts!

Too many cars!

Too little time!

Too right I am!

Thread Information