Thread: Airfield Trackday Abingdon

Drag Queen

Airfield Trackday Abingdon

just got this but cant go this year but could be a option for 2006 as its more central and of cause the historic link to MG.
    Kev

GREAT NEWS! ABINGDON AIRFIELD TRACK DAY
    Friday 9th December 89
    Motorsport Events are extremely pleased to announce our first track day at the stunning Abingdon Airfield. We are proud of our unrivalled record of running airfield track days and are certain that this magnificent airfield will be extremely popular amongst track day drivers. We are pleased to also confirm that we will be running events throughout 2006 at Abingdon.

Abingdon airfield offers a hugely challenging track layout, with a fantastic circuit type 'feel', but with the huge run off areas of an airfield. The surface is in good condition and the venue is suitable for all silenced road type cars.

Abingdon is located within easy reach of the M40 motorway, south of Oxford. Places are sure to be in high demand so call us quickly to secure your spot.

Blog Entries
    Excellent news Kev... with an offer like that you may well see me out there to have my first experiance and make an arse of myself
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

www.brit-cars.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV6
    just got this but cant go this year but could be a option for 2006 as its more central and of cause the historic link to MG.
    Kev
    Sadly, if you were to come to Abingdon looking for any historic links to MG you would be hard pushed to find it. There is the MGCC HQ of course, but thats about it I'm afraid. The site is now a police station!

I got that e-mail as well...

I think the car (and my wallet) needs a rest now.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. Mario Andretti.

I'm sure Abbingdon airfield was the venue for a day out with another well known internet forum a couple of years back. A good central location, but some of the perimiter roads were a bit rough. Hopefully they shut the airfield for the day and use the nice smooth stuff the planes land on.
    I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Thread Information