Thread: Convoy and Pilot cease production

Convoy and Pilot cease production

Sadly as part of the deal that helped LDV recover the old models have been canned.

How many where they still making?
    I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Just the Maxus now

OK. I'll re-phrase that. How many Pilot's and Convoy's were they turning out before the crash.
    I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Convoy about 3-4,000, mainly special vehicles, Minibus, council speced vehicle.

Pilot had dropped to a trickle.

The Convoy Special Vehicle variants were good business, and I am surprised they have dropped it before all the chassis cab versions/minibus of Maxus are ready to step in.

Valeting With Pride. The Express Valeter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Excel620
    Pilot had dropped to a trickle.
    Hardly supprising really since it"s been around since about 1976 & barely changed. Is there not a replacement for it?

Range Rover Evoque Pure Tech In Barollo Black With Custom Paint Etc Additions.
    Rover 25GSi-Firefrost Red.
    MG ZR-Express 105-Firefrost Red (Special Build total spec).
    MG Montego 2.0i-Flame Red.

There were meant to be two basic models of maxus when it was developed with Daewoo in the late 1990's. I think only the larger one has made the cut. So no I don't think Pilot has a direct replacement as such.

It had changed more than you might think since 1975, but I know what you mean!

Another nail in the BL coffin. Is there anything BL left now that the Freelander has all but ceased production?

I'm really tempted to buy a Pilot at the moment, but there is a SD1 catching my eye. This is the first time in over 8 years I've been without a van since vandals destroyed my Maestro van a few months ago.

Thread Information