Thread: eBay : Rover 200 Turbo Coupe - Former Royal Owner?

Blog Entries

eBay : Rover 200 Turbo Coupe - Former Royal Owner?

An interesting mix of Anthracite(?) and Gold on this Rover 220 Turbo Coupe, which claims to have first been owned by a member of the royal family?

There is no reserve, and is currently been bid for £1, if you can cope with the bold colours and are satisifed with the claimed proof - maybe an interesting addition to add to the driveway

eBay
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

www.brit-cars.com

Interesting how he can prove its Royal ownership as I know for a fact cars are never regsitered to the Royal Family. For security reasons there is a name used for all details relating to the vehicles etc including servicing making tracing back to Royals impossible. Plus registration plates etc are changed by DVLA.

If it was something incredibly rare, like a special one off Aston that we knew HRH had owned then its plausable to give it a Royal History but this sounds like a lot of bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Matt
    Interesting how he can prove its Royal ownership as I know for a fact cars are never regsitered to the Royal Family. For security reasons there is a name used for all details relating to the vehicles etc including servicing making tracing back to Royals impossible. Plus registration plates etc are changed by DVLA.

If it was something incredibly rare, like a special one off Aston that we knew HRH had owned then its plausable to give it a Royal History but this sounds like a lot of bull.

Indeed, we supplied the Queen Mother's Staff with ARG's finest. They were either registered under the our garage name or a British Car Rental name. Rovard Facilities anyone?????? Oh and they wanted a massive discount all the time.

We know the Royals are a bunch of freaks but surely none of them have bad enough taste to be seen in that pile of ar5e gravy ? Best thing for that is the crusher.
    Just because i don't care doesn't mean i don't understand ! Homer J Simpson

times they are a changin MaddAussie's Avatar
    I wonder if it was lord bath? he had the 2 tone 75

and nowt a spray shop cant fix
    Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Thread Information