Thread: Taxing a car after its been sorn!

Taxing a car after its been sorn!

Does any one know if you need the registration cert to tax a car again after its been sorn. The BWM now has MOT and need Tax but i cant find the reg cert. We do have the notice is that all we need!
    Just love driving my MG

ClubMod - send me a PM to find out more!

www.clubmod.co.uk

The answer may be on here (haven't read through it) http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10021514

Could you do it online?
    [

DVLA only tell you how to make it sorn - nothing about getting it back on the road! I'll get Neil to try it online when he gets back. As ive looked at every bit of paper in the house 3 times no. Can find the Docs for the Porsche - The TR7 - my MG but not the BMW!!!!!!! I cant se why you need it to tax the car as its not proof of ownership or anything surely the fact that youve been sent the renewal notice is enough after all if we to sorn it again we would use that to do it!
    Just love driving my MG

www.clubmod.co.uk

AFAIK you don't need the V5 to purchase tax at the post office. You will need a road fund license application form (or a renewal reminder) a valid MOT and a valid insurance certificate.
    I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Is this it?

Your application to tax your vehicle will not be accepted if you do not produce or complete the required documentation or payment to support your application form V10, V85, V11 or V85/1. This checklist will help ensure you have the correct documentation for the type of vehicle you are taxing.
    All documents should be original; photocopies or fax copies are not acceptable to accompany your application.

For all vehicles

vehicle licence applications forms V11 or V85/1, if available

or, vehicle licence application forms V10 or V85 which must be accompanied by a Registration Document (V5), Registration Certificate (V5C), new keepers supplement (V5/2 or V5C/2) – see link below for further information
    Sounds like if you've had the V11 or V85/1 through the post you don't need the reg cert - if I've read it right?
    [

Thats how i read it too - He just phoned now i see why he needs the reg cert - the V11 is out of date! God the pratt - Oh well it'll cost him another 25.00 now cause i cant find the reg cert any where! He really should keep things up to date!
    Just love driving my MG

www.clubmod.co.uk

Oops!
    [

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you've got your answer, but yes you do need the V5 along with filling out a form and a valid MOT certificate.

Its the same form to apply for tax if you dont have the automated reminder, IIRC.

I had to do this for my Vi last autumn
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

www.brit-cars.com

Thread Information