Thread: Induction kits vs Air Filters

Blog Entries
    Induction kits vs Air Filters

I'm still umming and arr-ing about improving the induction on my ZR.

Obviously, an open cone filter is out of the question, as I dont wish the engine to suffer form heatsoak. Its only a 1.4 and doesnt need slowing up off the line

I noticed that PTP are offering ITG induction kits - but they're a lot more expensive than just a filter, I dont know of any alternatives though.

I've also lookup up panel filters, X-Power were offering the 'Green' filters for 45, but it costs about 55 to get them delivered from Green. Its also nigh on impossible to find them for a ZR in places like Halfords!

I've already taken the 'cone' out from inside my air-box, which has added to the induction roar, but looking back I am unsure if it has made a huge difference to my performance...
    ModOct, the MG3 Website

Rob, an ITG is pointless unless you have (or are going to have) exhuast upgrades to take full advantage of the better airflow
    Quite a few tests have shown that simply banging a better panel on there is as good as using an induction kit with Cold Air Feed such as a Taipan or Viper, but you dont get the "sound" with the kits.
    All am saying is, dont go spending where u dont need to.

There are no inconsistencies in my posts; occasionally, however, there are alternate pasts. ZS's Avatar
    South Coast
    Blog Entries
    So for Rob, who has an upgraded exhaust (magnex?), the ITG induction kit would make a difference to performance!

Go fer it rob... more noise, more power and more complaints from your neighbors, what more could you want?

I really can't spell the last few weeks....

with "just" a magnex box it wouldnt worth an ITG IMO, if there was a manifold and cat upgrade then yes it would be, maybe even just a midpipe would make it worth it. But the airflow would be resricted by the standard system that you could get a taipan for less thatn half the cost of the ITG and still see the same benefits.

For performance mods, my rule is - Start from the back

Thread Information